Carlos Valdes (actor)
Carlos David Valdes (born April 20, 1989) is a Colombian-American actor and singer who holds dual United States and Colombian nationality. He is best-known for his role as Cisco Ramon / Vibe on The CW television series The Flash and other Arrowverse-related shows.
|Education||Pebblebrook High School (Mableton, Georgia), 2007|
|Alma mater||University of Michigan (2011)|
|Height||5'6 ½ (1,69 m)|
Valdes was born in Cali, Colombia but was raised in Miami, Florida by the age of 5, then moved again to Marietta, Georgia at the age of 12. He studied at the University of Michigan with actors from the theater group StarKid Productions, and co-wrote their 2009 musical Me and My Dick. Additionally he played the bass for that show as well as for A Very Potter Musical, and was featured on the track "A Thousand and One Nights (Pop Version)" which played during the end credits of Twisted and appeared on the cover album Twisted: Twisted.
After graduating in 2011, Valdes became entirely devoted to theater. Between 2009 and 2011, he participated in theatrical productions like High School Musical and The Wedding Singer. He also was a stand-in in the national tour of Jersey Boys. From March 2013 to March 2014, he played the role of Andrej in the musical Once, in which he also performed on piano, guitar, ukulele, bass and percussion. In 2013, the musical was nominated for a Tony Award.
In 2014, Valdes made his television debut in the American series Arrow, before appearing in the spin-off series, The Flash, as a series regular in the role of Francisco "Cisco" Ramón, an engineering genius. Cisco is part of the S.T.A.R. Labs team, along with Dr. Harrison Wells and Dr. Caitlin Snow, that help Barry Allen with his superpowers. Ramon is later revealed to have metahuman powers of his own, and takes on the name Vibe. Valdes also plays Ramon's Earth-2 doppelganger, who goes by Reverb. In the dreamworld set up by Music Meister in the third season episode "Duet" Valdes played Pablo, a waiter.
|2014–2019||Arrow||Cisco Ramon||Recurring role, 6 episodes|
|2014–present||The Flash||Cisco Ramon / Vibe[a]||Main role|
|2015–2016||Vixen||Cisco Ramon||Web series; voice role; 2 episodes|
|2016–2017||DC's Legends of Tomorrow||Cisco Ramon||3 episodes|
|2016–2018||Supergirl||Cisco Ramon||3 episodes|
|2017||Freedom Fighters: The Ray||Cisco Ramon||Web series; voice role|
|2018||Tom and Grant||Lady Passerby||Short|
- Is also credited as Reverb and Pablo.
- "The Marietta Daily Journal – Pebblebrook grad goes back in time with 'Jersey Boys'". Marietta Daily Journal. May 8, 2012. Retrieved August 27, 2015.
- Sarabia, Martha (October 6, 2014). "Súper héroe The Flash necesita a actor latino". La Opinión (in Spanish). Retrieved April 5, 2015.
- "'My Dick' Rises To Become First Charting Student Musical". Billboard. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "A Very Potter Musical". StarKid Productions. Retrieved 2019-01-31.
- "StarKid twists 'Twisted' tracks for pop cover album". Hypable. 2013-12-19. Retrieved 2019-01-31.
- Valdes, Carlos. "Carlos Valdes". Playbill Vault. Playbill. Retrieved May 23, 2015.
- Montes, Jason. "Broadway Actor Carlos Valdes Will Be Shaking Things Up On 'The Flash' As Vibe". sciencefiction.com. Retrieved April 5, 2015.
- Lam, Steve. "SDCC 2015: Comic-Con Schedule For Saturday, July 11, 2015". bamsmackpow.com. Retrieved June 28, 2015.