Between 1811 and 1836, he was professor of science in the University of Tartu, Estonia.
His most important works were Flora Altaica, the first Flora of the Altay Mountains, published in 1833, and Flora Rossica, published in four volumes between 1841–1853, the first complete flora of the Russian Empire.
Personal life edit
Ledebour was the son of the Swedish military Johann Ledebour and his mother was Anna Maria Hagemann.
See also edit
- Vascular Plant Flora of Estonia Summary Includes biographical details.
- NDB/ADB Deutsche Biographie Archived October 28, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- "Ledebouria Roth | Plants of the World Online | Kew Science". Plants of the World Online. Retrieved 14 October 2021.
- "Ledebouriella H.Wolff | Plants of the World Online | Kew Science". Plants of the World Online. Retrieved 16 May 2021.
- International Plant Names Index. Ledeb.