Canmore is an online database of information on over 320,000 archaeological sites, monuments, and buildings in Scotland. It was begun by the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. Historic Environment Scotland has maintained it since 2015. The Canmore database is part of the National Record of the Historic Environment (or NRHE), formerly the National Monuments Record of Scotland (or NMRS) and contains around 1.3 million catalogue entries. It includes marine monuments and designated official wreck sites (those that fall under the Protection of Wrecks Act), such as the wreck of HMS Pheasant (1916).
|Affiliation||Historic Environment Scotland|
- "National Record of the Historic Environment". www.historicenvironment.scot. Retrieved 29 December 2018.
- "About the Database". Canmore Website. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- "A guide to the Canmore Database" (PDF). Scotlands Rural Past. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- "Canmore Database". Marine Scotland. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- "HMS Pheasant". Canmore Website. Retrieved 10 October 2016.