Canadian Forces chief warrant officer(Redirected from Canadian Forces Chief Warrant Officer)
The Canadian Forces chief warrant officer or CFCWO is the senior non-commissioned member appointment in the Canadian Armed Forces. The post was created in 1978 with the first appointment of Chief Warrant Officer Robert Osside. CFCWO is a position created by the chief of the Defence Staff to assist the CDS in his duties and advise him on all issues relating to non-commissioned members.
|Canadian Forces chief warrant officer|
Insignia worn by the CFCWO
|Inaugural holder||Robert Osside|
Rank and insigniaEdit
The CFCWO holds the substantive rank of chief warrant officer (if Army or Air Force) or chief petty officer 1st class (if Navy). Even if the incumbent is a chief petty officer, the appointment title remains "Canadian Forces chief warrant officer".
The rank insignia of the CFCWO is the coat of arms of Canada in coloured thread, surrounded by a wreath of 20 maple leaves in gold thread, worn on the lower sleeve of the service dress jacket. The cap badge is the coat of arms of Canada, in full-colour metallic thread.
List of appointment holdersEdit
|Robert Cléroux||July 2010 to July 5, 2013|
|Kevin West||July 5, 2013 to July 5, 2018|
|Alain Guimond||July 5, 2018 to present|
- "Table of Ranks and Appointments". Canadian Soldiers.
- Bélanger, Yves (12 June 2018). "The Osside Institute: a source of pride for CWO West". The Maple Leaf.
The Institute was renamed in 2014, to honour the memory of the very first Canadian Forces Chief Warrant Officer Robert Osside.
- Green, Mary Ellen (20 October 2008). "Building renamed for exceptional leader" (PDF). Lookout Newspaper.
Volume 53, No.42, p.7
- "Gathering of the CF Chief Warrant Officers". Retrieved 23 April 2013.|[dead link]
- "PR-CO". The Wall Street Journal. 5 July 2013.|[dead link]
- Rehman, Mishall (29 November 2016). "Combat Engineer CWO Alain Guimond appointed Canadian Forces Chief Warrant Officer". Canadian Military Family Magazine.
|This Canadian military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|