|Wikinews has related news: Two-thousand traffic fines laid in Ontario this weekend|
Cam Woolley (born January 24, 1957) is a traffic and safety reporter for CP24 and a former police officer (rank of Sergeant) with the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) in the Greater Toronto Area. A 30-year veteran of the service, he became the face of the OPP as media co-ordinator for the Toronto area highway safety division. He has been regularly seen in the media since 2000, mainly in regard to forewarning of an impending traffic blitz during a long weekend on Highway 400 or providing police perspective of a major accident. Woolley was named OPP Officer of the Year in 2005. In January 2007, there were reports that he was being courted by the Progressive Conservative party to run as a candidate in the 2007 Ontario Provincial Election. Woolley said he was considering the offer. The Wasaga Beach resident owns a company with his friend, Bradley Patterson, an actor and firefighter, which provides emergency and military vehicles for movie shoots in Canada including 16 Blocks, Exit Wounds and Angel Eyes. Woolley has been the resident legal "Expert" (judge) on the Discovery Channel Canada reality series, Canada's Worst Driver since joining the show in 2006. On August 23, 2008, CTVglobemedia, owner of CP24 (Cable Pulse 24, Toronto), announced that Woolley would be retiring from the OPP on September 1, 2008 and immediately begin a broadcasting career on CP24, reporting on traffic and safety issues. Woolley also appears on CP24 Breakfast as well as on CP24 segments such as Safety First with Cam Woolley and Know Your Rights.
- "Woolley sidelined by Fantino mandate", Toronto Star, 20 January 2007
- Staff based on John Musselman, "OPP blitz nabs hundreds, makes officer a celeb Archived March 10, 2007, at the Wayback Machine", CTV, 7 August 2006.
- OPP blitz nabs hundreds, makes officer a celeb Archived March 10, 2007, at the Wayback Machine", CTV, 7 August 2006.
- Woolley OPP's "Top cop"
- "Discovery Channel.ca". Archived from the original on 2007-03-22. Retrieved 2007-04-27.
- "Pull Over! Sgt. Cam Woolley Joins CP24's Breaking News Team". CTVglobemedia. 2008-08-23. Archived from the original on 2008-12-03. Retrieved 2008-08-23.