The Mexican Consortium of Universities (Spanish: Consorcio de Universidades Mexicanas, CUMEX) is a selective group of Mexican public higher education institutions, recognized by their higher quality standards.
|20 Mexican Public Higher Education Institutions (2010)|
|Mario Alberto Ochoa Rivera, Autonomous University of Coahuila|
Founded in May 2005, CUMEX has established a rigorous selection system. Members must be affiliated with the "umbrella" national association of universities (ANUIES by its acronym in Spanish). However, not all ANUIES members are able to comply with the eligibility criteria established at CUMEX.
Membership at CUMEX constitutes a reference about Mexican higher education institutions holding higher quality standards than their peers.
Educational quality eligibility criteriaEdit
A CUMEX member institution must comply with the following criteria:
- Being a public university member of the National Association of Universities and Higher Education Institutions ANUIES.
- Having at least 85% of students enrolled in academic programs which are accredited according with the mechanisms established at the national system of evaluation and accreditation being accredited de la matrícula total en programas evaluables de técnico superior, profesional asociado y licenciatura reconocidos por su buena calidad por el sistema nacional de evaluación y acreditación de la educación superior de México.
- Having at least 50% of their full-time professors holding a graduate appropriate credential.
- Having at least one graduate program being included in the Mexican Roster of Quality Graduate Programs (Padrón Nacional de Posgrados, PNP).
- Holding an ISO certification in the following management processes: Registrar, Administration and Finances, Human Resources, and Library.
- Having established formal accountability and freedom of information policies and practices.
- Being included in the National Roster of Scientific and Technological Institutions and Corporations (Registro Nacional de Instituciones y Empresas Científicas y Tecnológicas: RENIECyT).
- Having implemented a series of academic and administrative policies.
The following is the list of current (2009) member institutions at CUMEX:
- BUAP: Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla
- UAA: Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes
- UABC: Universidad Autónoma de Baja California
- UACJ: Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez
- UAdeC: Universidad Autónoma de Coahuila
- UdeG: Universidad de Guadalajara
- UAEH: Universidad Autónoma del Estado de Hidalgo
- UAEM: Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México
- UANL: Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León
- UASLP: Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí
- UAS: Universidad Autónoma de Sinaloa
- UADY: Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán
- UCOL: Universidad de Colima
- UO: Universidad de Occidente
- UQROO: Universidad de Quintana Roo
- UNISON: Universidad de Sonora
- UJAT: Universidad Juárez Autónoma de Tabasco
- UAZ: Universidad Autónoma de Zacatecas
- Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Ecatepec
The General Assembly elects a President among the rectors of the member institutions.
List of Presidents:
- The original version of the Criteria can be found in the Bylaws of CUMEX at "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-03-11. Retrieved 2009-01-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- El listado actualizado se puede consultar en "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-01-31. Retrieved 2009-01-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
|This article about an organization in Mexico is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|