This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
CBe-learn is a public elementary, junior high and high school located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The school is under the jurisdiction of the Calgary Board of Education. The school is currently located within the Career and Technology Centre.
2336 53 Ave SW
|School board||Calgary Board of Education|
|Grades||1 to 12|
|Communities served||All Calgary Communities|
The school was established in 2001 as a virtual learning campus as part of the Calgary Board of Education. Along with the traditional High School program at Ernest Manning High School, CBe-learn moved to the new Ernest Manning Campus in fall 2011. In spring 2013, CBe-learn relocated all administrative and student support services to Lord Shaughnessy High School.
CBe-learn offers full Elementary, Jr High and Sr High courses in an online environment, including core academic and complementary courses.
Students and teachers interact online through web-based tools, or face-to-face during teacher office hours.
CBe-learn also offers a homeschooling option for students in grades 1 through 9. This teacher-supported homeschooling program allows families the option of a fully homeschooled option, or a blended environment where certified teachers as well as parents act as the students' teachers.
Career and Technology CentreEdit
CBe-learn is located in the same campus as the Career and Technology Centre, which opened in fall 2010. The Career and Technology Centre provides students the opportunity to access industry-standard equipment and training, in preparation for careers in a variety of technical fields.
- "Calgary Board of Education - Schools and Areas". Archived from the original on 2011-08-16. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "CBe-learn - Contact Us". Archived from the original on 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Calgary Board of Education - Schools Under Development". Archived from the original on 2010-12-04. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "CBe-learn Senior High Courses". Archived from the original on 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Calgary Board of Education Selects Desire2Learn For One of the Largest K12 eLearning Initiatives in North America". D2L (Press release). 2005-08-03. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- "CBe-learn School Council Communications". Archived from the original on 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Home Education Program - 100% Parent Directed". calgaryhomeschooling.com. 2011-08-07. Archived from the original on 2011-08-07. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- "Blended Program - Parent and Teacher Directed". calgaryhomeschooling.com. 2011-08-09. Archived from the original on 2011-08-09. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- ct-centre.ca Archived 2011-08-26 at the Wayback Machine
- "CTC Program Phase 1" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-09-30. Retrieved 2012-04-06.