CBS Studios International
CBS Studios International (formerly CBS Paramount International Television) is a multinational television production-distribution arm of CBS Television Studios and owned by CBS Corporation that was formed in 2004 by Viacom as CBS Paramount International Television, a result of a merger between two television companies, CBS Broadcast International and Paramount International Television. Since September 26, 2006, the company has been part of the CBS Television Distribution Group. In May 2009, CBS Paramount International Television was renamed CBS Studios International.
The company distributes the CBS Studios library as well as the Rysher Entertainment library (owned domestically by 2929 Entertainment), the King World Productions library, and certain HBO shows internationally. It owns Network Ten, an Australian free-to-air television network.
CBS Paramount International Television was formed in 2004 as a result of a merger between two television companies, CBS Broadcast International and Paramount International Television. In May 2009, CPITV was renamed CBS Studios International.
The company distributes the CBS Studios library as well as the Rysher Entertainment library (owned domestically by 2929 Entertainment), the King World Productions library and certain HBO shows internationally. On September 14, 2009, it was revealed that CBS Studios International struck a joint venture deal with Chellomedia to launch six CBS-branded channels in the UK during 2009. The new channels would replace Zone Romantica, Zone Thriller, Zone Horror and Zone Reality, plus timeshift services Zone Horror +1 and Zone Reality +1. CBS Reality, CBS Reality +1, CBS Drama and CBS Action launched on November 16, 2009, replacing Zone Reality, Zone Reality +1, Zone Romantica and Zone Thriller, respectively. On April 5, 2010, Zone Horror and Zone Horror +1 were rebranded as Horror Channel and Horror Channel +1.
CBS Studios International licenses rights for the top international formats.
In 2010, CBS Studios International went into an equal joint venture with Reliance Broadcast Network Limited to form Big CBS Networks Pvt. Ltd. The network operates a general entertainment channel, Big CBS Prime a youth-oriented channel, Big CBS Spark, and a women's and urban couple oriented channel, Big CBS Love.
In January 2011, CBS Studios International partnered with Australian company Ten Network Holdings to launch digital free-to-air channel Eleven. CBS Studios International held a 33% stake in the joint-venture company ElevenCo. Ten Network Holdings entered voluntary administration in June 2017. This ultimately led to CBS acquiring the entirety of Network Ten in November 2017. The network became a division of CBS Studios International.
Channels owned by CBS Studios InternationalEdit
Ten Network HoldingsEdit
EMEA (co-owned with AMC Networks International)Edit
It distributed the DreamWorks live-action library from 2006 to 2008.
In 2013, RTL Group and CBS Studios International announced its joint-venture as RTL CBS Asia Entertainment Network in Southeast Asia, with the launch of RTL CBS Entertainment in September 2013. However, in January 2018, Blue Ant Media acquired the joint venture and its channels.
- "CBS FINALChello Zone partnership press release". Chello Zone. September 14, 2009. Archived from the original (DOC) on 2011-07-24.
- "CBS to launch UK channels with Chellomedia". Broadcastnow. September 14, 2009.
- "CBS channels to launch in UK". Broadcastnow. October 1, 2009.
- "Zone Horror rebrands as Horror Channel". Broadband TV News. March 31, 2010.
- James, Meg (25 August 2010). "CBS goes down under and takes minority stake in Australian TV venture". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- CBS Corporation Completes Acquisition Of Ten Network., Ten Network Holdings, 16 November 2017.
- "About - Ten Network Holdings Limited". tenplay. Ten Network Holdings. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "CBS and Chellomedia take entertainment across EMEA". Broadband TV News. August 1, 2012.
- Weingroff, Jennifer (16 September 2009). "Reed Manville To Oversee International Channel For CBS Studios International" (Press release). CBS Studios International. Retrieved 15 February 2010.