This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Public community college|
|President||Dr. Samia Yaqub (interim)|
|Colors||Black & Gold|
|Athletics||CCCAA – GVC|
|Affiliations||California Community Colleges system|
After the passage of the 1960 Donahoe Act, the voters of Butte County created a local community college district in 1966 to serve the educational and vocational needs of its citizens. In 1967, Butte College began by offering law enforcement, fire science, and vocational nursing classes in various locations throughout Butte County. The college officially opened its doors to the community in 1968 at the old Durham High School site, with over 1,900 people enrolled at the new college. In 1974, the college moved from Durham to its present location near the geographic center of Butte County and, in 1975, Glenn County joined the District.
The campus rests on a wildlife refuge, and has been recognized as a national community college leader in sustainability, winning the grand prize 2008 National Wildlife Federation's Chill Out Contest: and the 2009 National Campus Sustainability Leadership Award.
|Name||Known for||Relationship to Butte|
|Larry Allen||Pro Football Hall of Fame Guard||Football player|
|Justin Eilers||Retired professional MMA fighter||Football player|
|Lisa Fortier||Gonzaga University||Women's Basketball Head Coach|
|Sergio C. Garcia||First illegal immigrant admitted to State Bar of California||Alumnus|
|Ken Grossman||Sierra Nevada Brewing Company||Co-founder|
|Mike Kyle||Mixed martial artist, once fighting for the UFC||Wrestler and football player|
|Aaron Rodgers||Green Bay Packers Quarterback, Super Bowl XLV champion and MVP||Football player|
|Kyle Lohse||Major League Baseball Pitcher, 2011 World Series Champion||Baseball player|
- California, State of. "California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office – Data Mart". Datamrt.cccco.edu. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- "Campus Solutions to Global Warming". Nwf.org. Archived from the original on 22 February 2012. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2011-03-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Larry Allen". Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- "Justin Eilers UFC Bio". Ufc.com. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- "Lisa Mispley Fortier". Gonzaga University. April 14, 2014. Retrieved July 25, 2015.
- TODOROV, KERANA (February 15, 2014). "Immigrant lawyer to students: American dream is yours". Napa Valley Register. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Ken Grossman – Founder/Owner, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. – Butte College". CCC. Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- "Mike Kyle MMA Bio". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2014-01-01.