Brooks Brown (baseball)
|Born: June 20, 1985|
|July 6, 2014, for the Colorado Rockies|
|Last MLB appearance|
|October 2, 2015, for the Colorado Rockies|
|Earned run average||3.97|
Brown was drafted by the Atlanta Braves in the 21st round of the 2003 Major League Baseball Draft out of Portal High School in Portal, Georgia. He did not sign and attended the University of Georgia and played college baseball for the Georgia Bulldogs.
In November 2012 he signed a minor league deal with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
In November 2013, he signed a minor league deal with the Colorado Rockies.
Brown was called up to the majors for the first time on July 6, 2014.
Los Angeles DodgersEdit
Brown was claimed off waivers by the Dodgers on October 14, 2015 and outrighted to AAA on December 4. He was given a non-roster invitation to spring training. They released him on February 26, 2016, only one week into spring training.
- Rule 5 pick James Skelton stays with Diamondbacks after minor league deal with Tigers
- Rockies select the contract of RHP Brooks Brown, RHP Nick Masset placed on the 15-day DL[permanent dead link]
- Gurnick, Ken (December 4, 2015). "Dodgers drop Brown from 40-man roster". mlb.com. Retrieved December 4, 2015.
- "Dodgers outright pitcher Brooks Brown to Triple-A OKC". ESPN.com. Associated Press. December 4, 2015. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- Simon, Andrew (January 25, 2016). "Top pitching prospects invited to Dodgers camp". mlb.com. Retrieved January 26, 2016.