Broken Frontier is a web-magazine which publishes news, interviews, and essays about the comic book industry, with a focus on the British small press scene. It was founded by Editor-in-Chief Frederik Hautain in 2002. In 2017 the site came under the ownership of long-term contributor and Editor-in-Chief Andy Oliver.
Type of site
Acquisition by Platinum StudiosEdit
In 2006, Broken Frontier was purchased by the multimedia entertainment company and comics publisher Platinum Studios as part of an initiative to increase Platinum's Web presence. Broken Frontier was a fully owned subsidiary of Platinum at this time, but was given the autonomy to continue operating as before. However, in July 2007, Platinum terminated its association with Broken Frontier, leaving the site independently owned once again.
The Frontiersman: Digital Comics MagazineEdit
- "Picturebox, Broken Frontier stake more Web claim". Robot6.comicbookresources.com. 2009-04-30. Retrieved 2012-03-18.
- "Comics Fueling Media Everywhere". Platinum Studios. Archived from the original on 2012-03-21. Retrieved 2012-03-18.
- "Broken Frontier: Past The Platinum Age". Blog.newsarama.com. 2007-10-29. Archived from the original on 2012-01-05. Retrieved 2012-03-18.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2011-03-28.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2011-03-25.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Broken Frontier launches mobile comics magazine The Frontiersman". ComicList. Retrieved 2012-03-18.
|This comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|