Coyle with the Seattle Seahawks in 2014
|No. 52, 50|
|Born:||October 12, 1990|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||245 lb (111 kg)|
|High school:||Bozeman (Bozeman, Montana)|
|Career NFL statistics|
Coyle played college football at the University of Montana in Missoula. As a true freshman in 2009, Coyle collected 30 tackles and 2 interceptions for the Montana Grizzlies while playing linebacker. Coyle redshirted the 2010 season following off-season surgery. In 2011, after playing in all 14 games for the Grizzlies, Coyle finished the season as the team's 16th leading tackler despite not starting a single game. In 2012, Coyle enjoyed a breakout season when he started 11 games and tallied 107 tackles. His average of 9.73 tackles a game ranked him 28th in the nation, and he was an honorable mention All-Big Sky Conference selection.
In 2013, Coyle had his finest college season with the Grizzles while starting at inside linebacker as a redshirt senior. Coyle led the Grizzlies with 125 total tackles, which put him among the nation's leaders. He also forced 4 fumbles and intercepted 2 passes, giving him 5 total interceptions for his college football career. He was named to the 2013 Big Sky All-Conference Team as a second-team selection.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 in
|4.60 s||1.60 s||4.28 s||6.74 s||37.0 in
|9 ft 7 in
|All values from 03/18/14 Montana State Pro Day|
Although Coyle went undrafted in the 2014 NFL Draft, he was signed to a professional contract by the Seattle Seahawks just minutes after the draft's completion. Seahawks coaches praised Coyle for his productive play during the NFL preseason while he filled in for injured middle linebacker Bobby Wagner. Coyle started his first NFL regular season game at middle linebacker for the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday November 2, 2014 while playing against the Oakland Raiders.
Coyle had a successful career with the Seahawks, mostly as a core special teamer, while also starting 5 games. Coyle tallied 33 tackles and 1.0 sack in three years. One of Coyle's best games was when he started at Strongside linebacker against the Buffalo Bills. On Monday Night Football, Coyle had his first career sack, along with 8 tackles on the night.
San Francisco 49ersEdit
- "Griz have 17 players named to 2012 All-Big Sky Football Team Griz have 17 players named to 2012 All-Big Sky Football". Make It Missoula. UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA SPORTS INFORMATION.
- "2013 Big Sky All-Conference Football Team". Missoulian.com. Missoulian.com.
- "Brock Coyle | Montana, ILB: 2014 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved November 7, 2014.
- "Coyle, Griz O-Line trio sign NFL free agent deals". Q2KTV.com. Q2 Sports. Archived from the original on December 9, 2014. Retrieved October 5, 2014.
- Condotta, Bob. "Linebacker Brock Coyle making an impact despite being undrafted". SeattleTimes.com. The Seattle Times. Retrieved August 9, 2014.
- Crabtree, Curtis. "Undrafted rookie Brock Coyle to start at middle linebacker for Seahawks". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports. Retrieved September 11, 2014.
- "49ers Agree to Terms with Three Free Agents". 49ers.com. March 10, 2017.
- "49ers Agree to Terms with LB Brock Coyle". 49ers.com. March 14, 2018. Archived from the original on March 15, 2018. Retrieved March 15, 2018.
- "49ers Call up OL Najee Toran, Announce Other Roster Moves". 49ers.com. September 12, 2018.
- "49ers Announce Several Roster Moves". 49ers.com. March 14, 2019.
- Williams, Charean (March 14, 2019). "Brock Coyle announces retirement". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports.