Brit Award for International Female Solo Artist
The Brit Award for International Female Solo Artist is an award given by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI), an organisation which represents record companies and artists in the United Kingdom. The accolade is presented at the Brit Awards, an annual celebration of British and international music. The winners and nominees are determined by the Brit Awards voting academy with over one-thousand members, which comprise record labels, publishers, managers, agents, media, and previous winners and nominees.
|Brit Award for International Female Solo Artist|
|Presented by||British Phonographic Industry (BPI)|
|Currently held by||Lorde|
The award was first presented in 1989 as International Female Solo Artist. The accolade was not handed out at the 1990, 1992 and 1993 ceremonies, with the award for International Solo Artist (given to a male or female artist) being awarded instead. The award for International Female Solo Artist was reinstated in 1994, and has been given ever since.
Björk is the artist with the most wins and nominations in the category, with four awards won out of nine nominations. Artists from the United States have won the accolade eleven times, more than any other country.
Winners and nomineesEdit
|2013||Lana Del Rey|||
Artists with multiple winsEdit
Artists with multiple nominationsEdit
- 9 nominations
- 8 nominations
- 6 nominations
- 5 nominations
- 4 nominations
- 3 nominations
- Celine Dion
- Janet Jackson
- Katy Perry
- Lady Gaga
- Lana Del Rey
- Missy Elliott
- Taylor Swift
- Whitney Houston
- 2 nominations
- "About the BPI". British Phonographic Industry (BPI). Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "BRIT Awards". British Phonographic Industry (BPI). Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "And the nominees are..." Brits.co.uk. British Phonographic Industry (BPI). Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "1992 Brit Awards". Brits.co.uk. British Phonographic Industry (BPI). Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "1993 Brit Awards". Brits.co.uk. British Phonographic Industry (BPI). Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Rogers, Simon (12 February 2012). "Brit awards winners list 2012: every winner since 1977". The Guardian. Guardian Media Group. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "BRIT Awards 2013: Lana Del Rey Wins International Female Solo Act". Capital. February 20, 2013. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- "Brit Awards 2014: the nominations in full". The Independent. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Mokoena, Tshepo (19 February 2014). "Lorde wins international female solo artist award at 2014 Brits". The Guardian. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "BRIT Awards 2015 Winners List - Full List Of This Year's Awards". Capital (Global Radio). 26 February 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- Billboard Staff (January 14, 2016). "Adele, James Bay, Years & Years Lead Brit Awards 2016 Nominations". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
- "BRIT Award 2018 nominations: Ed Sheeran, Stormzy, Paloma Faith, Dua Lipa and Little Mix among hopefuls". The Independent. 13 January 2018. Retrieved 13 January 2018.