Brian McAllister Linn
Brian McAllister Linn is an American military historian, who specializes in the 20th century. He serves on the faculty at Texas A&M University. He was born in the territory of Hawaii and graduated from Ohio State University.
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University, 1985
- M.A., The Ohio State University, 1981
- B.A. with High Honors, University of Hawai’i, 1978
Linn has been the recipient of a John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship, a Woodrow Wilson Fellowship, and an Olin Fellowship. He taught as a visiting professor at the Army War College and a Fulbright Fellow at the National University of Singapore and the University of Birmingham. He is a past president of the Society for Military History.
- Linn, Brian McAllister. Elvis's Army: Cold War GIs and the Atomic Battlefield. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Harvard University Press, 2016. ISBN 9780674737686 OCLC 941582637
- Linn, Brian McAllister. The Echo of Battle: The Army's Way of War. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2009.
- Linn, Brian McAllister. The United States: Anticipating and Conducting War, 1939-1942. Washington, DC: Heritage Foundation, 2006.
- Linn, Brian McAllister. The Impact of the Imperial Wars (1899-1907) on the U.S. Army. Washington, DC: Heritage Foundation, 2005.
- Linn, Brian McAllister. Eisenhower, the Army, and the American Way of War. Manhattan, Kansas: Dept. of History, Kansas State University, 2003.
- Linn, Brian McAllister. The Philippine War, 1899-1902. Lawrence: University Press of Kansas, 2000.
- Linn, Brian McAllister. Guardians of Empire: The U.S. Army and the Pacific; 1902-1940. Chapel Hill: Univ. of North Carolina Press, 1998. ISBN 080782321X
- Linn, Brian McAllister. The U.S. Army and Counterinsurgency in the Philippine War, 1899-1902. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1989. ISBN 0807818348
- "Linn". history.tamu.edu.
- "Brian McAllister Linn". Wilson Center. July 7, 2011.
- "Linn". history.tamu.edu. Retrieved 2019-11-07.
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|