Brian Jones (wide receiver)
Brian Jones (born April 22, 1994) is a professional Canadian football wide receiver for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He played Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) football with the Acadia Axemen.
|No. 89 Hamilton Tiger-Cats|
Brian Jones before a Tiger-Cats game in 2019.
|Born:||April 22, 1994|
Enfield, Nova Scotia
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||233 lb (106 kg)|
|CFL draft||2016 / Round: 1 / Pick: 4|
|Drafted by||Toronto Argonauts|
Jones played for the Acadia Axemen football team from 2013 to 2016. He was named the Atlantic University Sport Most Valuable Player in 2014 and a CIS Second team All-Star in 2015. In the CFL's Amateur Scouting Bureau final rankings, he was ranked as the tenth best of the players eligible in the 2016 CFL Draft.
Jones was drafted fourth overall by the Toronto Argonauts in the 2016 CFL Draft and signed with the team on May 29, 2016. He dressed for 12 games for the Argonauts in 2016, his rookie season, and started four. He made 12 receptions for 128 yards and a touchdown. He dressed in nine games in 2017 and three in 2018, but didn't record any receptions.
On August 20, 2018, he was traded to the Saskatchewan Roughriders for a seventh-round pick in the 2019 CFL Draft. There, he dressed in 10 games and recorded two receptions for 20 yards. He became a free agent on February 12, 2019.
Jones signed with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on the first day of free agency on February 12, 2019. He played in the first two games of the season for the Tiger-Cats, but was released on June 26, 2019. He was re-signed by the Tiger-Cats on August 6, 2019.
- "Sun Life Financial All-Canadian Banquet: Calgary's Buckley claims Hec Crighton Trophy".
- ONYEMATA TAKES TOP SPOT IN CFL SCOUTING BUREAU FINAL RANKINGS, Canadian Football League, 26 April 2016, retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "First-round draft Pick Brian Jones signs with Argos". May 29, 2016.
- "Riders acquire former 4th overall pick Brian Jones". August 20, 2018.
- "Ticats sign former fourth overall pick Brian Jones". February 12, 2019.
- "Ticats release receiver Brian Jones". June 26, 2019.
- "Ticats sign Brian Jones to practice roster". August 5, 2019.