Brian Cusworth (born March 9, 1984) is a retired American professional basketball player.
|Born||March 9, 1984|
St. Louis, Missouri
|Listed height||7 ft 0 in (2.13 m)|
|Listed weight||255 lb (116 kg)|
|High school||John Burroughs (Ladue, Missouri)|
|NBA draft||2007 / Undrafted|
|2012||Maine Red Claws|
|Career highlights and awards|
Early life and careerEdit
Brian Cusworth started playing basketball at the age of nine in 1993 in his hometown St. Louis. After graduating high school he went to study at Harvard University (from which he graduated with a degree in biology in 2006) and played NCAA basketball at Harvard Crimson team for three seasons.
In 2007, he went to play in Europe and signed a deal with Estonian top team Tartu Ülikool/Rock. He was one of the team's top performers during the season and helped Rock to FIBA EuroCup semifinals. He also won the Estonian National Championship with the team.
- Estonian National Championship 2007–08
- Estonian League Most Valuable Player 2007-08
- Estonian League Finals MVP 2007–08
- Estonian Basketball Cup runner-up 2007–08
- FIBA EuroCup runner-up 2007-08
- "Red Claws Notebook: Patience is his present; patients may be his future". Press Herald. November 25, 2012. Retrieved March 15, 2018.
- Joshua Robinson (December 21, 2006). "Season of Promise Ends Early for Harvard's Cusworth". The New York Times. Retrieved March 15, 2018.
- Priit Rajalo. "Rocki võidumäng Kalevi üle" (in Estonian). Retrieved March 15, 2018.
- "Brian Cusworth signs with Ratiopharm Ulm". January 31, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2018.
- "Red Claws' Camp Invites 2012". Nba.com. October 23, 2012. Archived from the original on December 28, 2012. Retrieved November 2, 2012.
- "Brian Cusworth leaves Ratiopharm Ulm". February 7, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2018.
- Harvard Crimson stats 2002–2007 at ESPN
- FIBA EuroCup stats 2007–2008 at fibaeurope.com
- Baltic League stats 2007–2008 at bbl.net