Brecon Corinthians F.C.
Brecon Corinthians A.F.C. are a Welsh football club from the town of Brecon in Powys. The club has played for most of its history in South Wales football, with substantial periods in the Welsh Football League. They currently play in the Mid Wales Football League East Division, having been promoted as champions from Mid Wales League (South) having previously played in the South Wales Alliance League.
|Full name||Brecon Corinthians Association Football Club|
|Ground||The Richfield, Brecon|
|Coach||Damien Daniels (Player/ Manager)|
|League||Mid Wales Football League|
|2019–20||Mid Wales League (South), 1st (Promoted)|
In their first season in the Mid Wales South League in 2019–20 when the season was curtailed due to the coronavirus pandemic, the club were champions with a 100% record of 16 wins from 16 games with 143 goals scored and just two conceded. In addition to these statistics the team scored a 27-0 win at Knighton Town Reserves which was expunged from the record books following Knighton’s withdrawal from the league.
- Welsh League Division Two East - Champions (1): 1954–55
- Welsh Football League Division One - Champions (1): 1981–82
- Welsh League Division One - Runners-Up (1): 1992–93
- Mid Wales League (South) - Winners (1): 2019-20
- Welsh Football League Cup - Winners (3): 1962–63; 1981–82; 1991–92
- South Wales Senior League Division Two - Runners-Up (1): 2010–11
Welsh Football League historyEdit
- In this season Division 1 was renamed 'Premier Division', Division 2 East and West were replaced by 'Division 1' and 'Division 2' (effectively Division 2 and Division 3)
- In this season The Premier Division (Division 1) was renamed 'National Division'. The 2nd tier division was renamed 'Premier Division' with the 3rd tier division named 'Division 1'.
- In this season, The 2nd tier division was renamed 'Division One' with the 3rd tier division renamed 'Division Two'.
- In this season the League of Wales was created as the new national tier 1 league. The Welsh Football League covered South Wales and now exists at tier 2 (Division One); tier 3 (Division Two) and tier 4 (Division Three).
See Category:Brecon Corinthians F.C. players to see a list of notable Brecon Corries players, past and present.
- "Titles for the Daffs and Corries". Shropshire Star. Retrieved 10 June 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)