Breast Cancer Now
Breast Cancer Now is a charity in the United Kingdom which was formed in 2015 by the merger of Breast Cancer Campaign and Breakthrough Breast Cancer. It is the United Kingdom's largest breast cancer charity. Its declared "Action Plan" is "by 2050, everyone who develops breast cancer will live".
Among other projects the charity provides most of the funding for the Breast Cancer Now Toby Robins Research Centre at the Institute of Cancer Research, London, which employs 120 scientists and clinicians.
In November 2018 research-focused Breast Cancer Now and support-focused Breast Cancer Care announced that they would merge on 1 April 2019, creating a charity with an income of about £45 million. The merged charity is chaired by Jill Thompson, formerly a trustee of Breast Cancer Care, and the chief executive is Delyth Morgan, formerly chief executive of Breast Cancer Now. The combined headquarters are at Breast Cancer Now offices at Aldgate, London. The charity said that it would operate using both names for about a year, when a new logo and name was expected to be introduced. As of January 2020[update] the charity's formal name is "Breast Cancer Care and Breast Cancer Now" and it uses the working name "Breast Cancer Now".
Breast Cancer Now's flagship fundraising event is their 'wear it pink' campaign. This is one of the UK's biggest fundraising events having raised over £33 million since it launched in 2002. In 2019, the date for the 'wear it pink' campaign was 18 October.
- "New charity Breast Cancer Now acts to eradicate deaths from breast cancer by 2050". icr.ac.uk.
- Potts, Judith (16 June 2015). "Breast cancer gets a newly renamed charity - and new hope". Telegraph. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "Breast Cancer Now". One: Lifeline. BBC. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "Our Action Plan". Breast Cancer Now. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "Breast Cancer Now Research Centre". Institute of Cancer Research. Archived from the original on 2 April 2017. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "Who we are". Breast Cancer Now. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- Weakley, Kirsty (5 November 2018). "UK's largest breast cancer charities announce merger plans". Civil Society. Retrieved 17 September 2019.
- John Plummer; Andy Ricketts (6 December 2018). "Analysis: How the merger of two breast cancer charities will work". Third Sector. Retrieved 17 September 2019.
- Breast cancer: Menopausal hormone therapy risks 'bigger than thought', BBC, 30 August 2019, retrieved 2 September 2019
- Footer of website at breastcancernow
- Official website
- Charity Commission. Breast Cancer Now, registered charity no. 1160558.
- "Breast Cancer Now, Registered Charity no. SC045584". Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator.
|This article about a charitable organisation in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|