Brandon Manning (born June 4, 1990) is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman who currently plays for the Bakersfield Condors in the American Hockey League (AHL) while under contract to the Edmonton Oilers of the National Hockey League (NHL).
June 4, 1990|
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||200 lb (91 kg; 14 st 4 lb)|
|NHL team (P)|
Bakersfield Condors (AHL)
On March 8, 2012, after playing 32 games (9 points) for Adirondack Phantoms in 2011–12 AHL season, he was called up to the Flyers main roster to replace injured Pavel Kubina. He made his NHL debut the same day in a home game against Florida Panthers. On August 27, 2014, Manning signed a one-year contract to stay with the Flyers.
On December 8, 2016, during a game against the Edmonton Oilers, Oilers star Connor McDavid claimed Manning boasted on-ice that he intentionally broke McDavid's collarbone the year before which had sidelined McDavid for 37 games, which he labelled as "classless" in a post game interview. Manning denied the claim. On February 27, 2017, Manning was suspended two games for interference against Jake Guentzel. Manning concluded the 2016–17 season with 12 points in 65 games.
During the 2017–18 season, Manning recorded a career-high 7 goals and 19 points in 65 games to help the Flyers qualify for the 2018 Stanley Cup playoffs. The Flyers ended up losing in 6 games to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
On July 1, 2018, Manning left the Flyers as a free agent and agreed to a two-year contract with the Chicago Blackhawks. He began the 2018–19 season on the Blackhawks third defensive pairing, adding 1 goal and 2 assists in 27 games before he was traded by Chicago, along with Robin Norell, to the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for Drake Caggiula and Jason Garrison on December 30, 2018. Manning scored 1 goal in 12 games with the Oilers, before on February 18, 2019, he was placed on waivers by the Oilers and later re-assigned to AHL affiliate the Bakersfield Condors.
|2007–08||Prince George Spruce Kings||BCHL||58||7||19||26||107||4||0||3||3||6|
|2014–15||Lehigh Valley Phantoms||AHL||60||11||32||43||150||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Five Flyers Rookies to Watch As Training Camp Opens This Week". SB Nation Philly. 2011-09-09. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- National Hockey League (2011). The National Hockey League Official Guide & Record Book/2012. Dan Diamond and Associates, Inc. p. 313. ISBN 978-1-894801-22-5.
- "Brandon Manning Game by Game Stats". American Hockey League. 2012-03-09. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
- Kimelman, Adam (2012-08-03). "Kubina out, Manning in for Flyers". NHL. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- "Panthers @ Flyers (NHL 2011-2012 game 1000) Playing Roster report".
- "Flyers re-sign D Brandon Manning". Philadelphia Flyers. 2014-08-27. Retrieved 2014-08-27.
- Catalino, Mike (December 8, 2016). "Connor McDavid: Brandon Manning made 'classless' comments about injury". CSNPhilly.com. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- Carchidi, Sam (December 9, 2016). "Flyers' Manning: McDavid's focus in wrong place". Philadelphia Media Network. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "Brandon Manning of Flyers suspended two games". NHL.com. February 27, 2017. Retrieved April 22, 2018.
- "Blackhawks agree to terms with three". Chicago Blackhawks. 2018-07-01. Retrieved 2018-07-01.
- "Oilers acquire Brandon Manning and Robin Norell". Edmonton Oilers. December 30, 2018. Retrieved December 30, 2018.
- "Oilers place defenceman Brandon Manning on waivers". Sportsnet. February 18, 2019. Retrieved February 18, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brandon Manning.|
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey defenceman born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|