Brașov Olympic Ice Rink
The Brașov Olympic Ice Rink (Romanian: Patinoarul Olimpic Brașov) is a multi-purpose ice rink in Brașov, Romania. Located at number 5 Turnului Street which is 5 minutes walking distance from the railway station and easily accessible by public transportation, it was opened in January 2010.
|Full name||Patinoarul Olimpic Brașov|
|Owner||Municipality of Brașov|
|Capacity||2,000 (1,600 seated)|
|Broke ground||May 2008|
|Construction cost||€9.1 million|
There are three general areas:
- Areas for sportsmen:
- Special access for sportsmen, referees and officials
- 6 locker rooms with 25 places each
- Locker room for the referees with 5 places
- First aid room and doping control rooms
- 2 gyms
- Areas for the public:
- 4 staircases in the corners of the hall, each with a bathroom at the base
- 1,584 seats
- 3 evacuation staircases, and terraces on the second floor and around the building
- areas for renting skates, selling tickets, public locker room, bar, each with a bathroom
- Areas for the officials: separate access, conference room, administrative and storage rooms, bathrooms, special access for the resurfacer, inside and outside technical areas
The possibility exists to extend the seating capacity for special events, in which case the hall could host a total of over 2,000 people, including 400 standing.
The rink contains removable tribunes and the locker rooms can be used simultaneously by 120 athletes. Also, the necessary material equipments have been executed, such as furniture, displaying and sounding system, ventilation equipments and refrigerating systems.
- Brașov Olympic Ice Rink at EuroHockey
- "FOTO Brașovul are patinoar modern" (in Romanian). Prosport. 19 February 2010. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- "Mîine va fi inaugurat Patinoarul Olimpic din Braşov!" (in Romanian). Gazeta Sporturilor. 17 February 2010. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- "INAUGURARE. Patinoarul Olimpic Braşov îşi deschide astăzi porţile" (in Romanian). mytex.ro. 18 February 2010. Archived from the original on 6 May 2010. Retrieved 27 May 2013.