Boysun district (Uzbek: Boysun tumani / Бойсун тумани) is a district in Surxondaryo Region, Uzbekistan. Its capital is the city of Boysun. It has an area of 3,546 km2 (1,369 sq mi) and its population is 117,500 (2021 est.). The district consists of one city (Boysun), 5 urban-type settlements (Kofrun, Tangimush, Pasurxi, Qoraboʻyin, Rabot) and 7 rural communities. In 2019 it lost part (174 km2 (67 sq mi)) of its territory to the re-established Bandixon District.
|• Total||3,546 km2 (1,369 sq mi)|
|• Density||33/km2 (86/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5 (UZT)|
- "Classification system of territorial units of the Republic of Uzbekistan" (in Uzbek and Russian). The State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on statistics. July 2020.
- "Surxondaryo viloyatining ma`muriy-hududiy bo`linishi" [Administrative-territorial division of the Surxondaryo Region] (PDF) (in Uzbek). Surxondaryo regional department of statistics.
- "Urban and rural population by district" (PDF) (in Uzbek). Surxondaryo regional department of statistics.
- "Bandixon district of Surxondaryo region will be reorganized". Zamin (in Uzbek). 7 November 2019.
- "Cultural space of Boysun District". UNESCO Culture Sector. Retrieved 5 September 2014.