Bowling Green Falcons men's basketball
The Bowling Green Falcons men's basketball team is the basketball team that represent Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio. The school's team currently competes in the Mid-American Conference. The team last played in the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament in 1968. The Falcons are now coached by Michael Huger, their 17th head coach.
|Bowling Green Falcons|
|University||Bowling Green State University|
|Head coach||Michael Huger (6th season)|
|Location||Bowling Green, Ohio|
|Arena||Stroh Center |
|Colors||Brown and Orange|
|NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen|
|NCAA Tournament Appearances|
|1959, 1962, 1963, 1968|
|Conference Regular Season Champions|
|1959, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1981, 1983, 1997, 2000, 2009|
|Conference Division Season Champions|
|F. G. Beyerman||1915–1921||24–38||n/a|
|Ray B. McCandless||1923–1924||3–15||n/a|
- Bowling Green was a member of the Northwest Ohio Intercollegiate Athletic Association from at least 1927–28 through at least 1930–31. Information about their conference record is unavailable.
- Bowling Green was a member of the Ohio Athletic Conference from the 1933–34 through 1941–42 seasons, but never won an OAC title.
- Bowling Green joined the Mid-American Conference beginning with the 1953–54 season.
- The Mid-American Conference did not hold a conference tournament until the 1979–80 season.
NCAA Tournament ResultsEdit
The Falcons have appeared in four NCAA Tournaments. Their combined record is 1–5.
|1959||First Round||Marquette||L 71–89|
|1962||First Round||Butler||L 55–56|
Regional Third Place Game
|1968||First Round||Marquette||L 71–72|
The Falcons have appeared in 14 National Invitation Tournaments. Their combined record is 6–15.
|1944||Quarterfinals||St. John's||L 40–44|
|1946||Quarterfinals||Rhode Island||L 79–82|
|1948||Quarterfinals||Saint Louis||L 53–69|
Third Place Game
|1980||First Round||Minnesota||L 50–64|
|1983||First Round||Michigan State||L 71–72|
|1990||First Round||Cincinnati||L 60–75|
|1991||First Round||Wisconsin||L 79–87|
|1997||First Round||West Virginia||L 95–98|
|2000||First Round||BYU||L 54–81|
|2002||First Round||Butler||L 69–81|
|2009||First Round||Creighton||L 71–73|
The Falcons have appeared in two CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament. Their combined record is 1–2.
|2012||First Round||Oakland||L 86–69|
|Saint Francis (PA)
The Falcons appeared in one Collegiate Commissioners Association Tournament, a tournament that was only held twice. Their record is 1–1.
- Intercollegiate Athletics Logos (PDF). Retrieved March 21, 2018.
- "Honors and Awards" (PDF) (Press release). BGSU Falcons Men's Basketball Media Guide. 2014. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- "OAC Men's Basketball Media Guide" (PDF) (Press release). Ohio Athletic Conference Men's Basketball Media Guide. 2014. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- "Year-by-Year Results" (PDF) (Press release). BGSU Falcons Men's Basketball Media Guide. 2014. Retrieved 2015-05-04.