Boris Grigoryevich Plotnikov (Russian: Борис Григорьевич Плотников, born 2 April 1949) is a Soviet and Russian film actor. His film debut was as Sotnikov in The Ascent, the acclaimed final film of Russian director Larisa Shepitko. Plotnikov has appeared in more than 70 feature films and television series.
Boris Plotnikov, 2012
Boris Grigoryevich Plotnikov
2 April 1949
The boy grew up in an ordinary family, where his father worked as a mechanic, and his mother as an engineer-technologist. A few years later, the Plotnikov family changed their place of residence, moving to Novouralsk.
He graduated from school No. 57 in Novouralsk. He graduated from the Sverdlovsk Theater School (1970, the course of Yuri Zhigulsky) and the Philological Faculty of the Ural State University (1983).
From 1970 to 1978 he served in the Sverdlovsk Youth Theater. Since 1978 on the stage of the Moscow Satire Theatre. Since 1988 - the Russian Army Theatre, since 2002 - in the Moscow Art Theater named after A.P. Chekhov.
In the movie, he made his debut in 1976 in Larisa Shepitko's internationally renowned film The Ascent, which brought him all-union fame. Also he is known for the role of Dr. Bormental in the film Heart of a Dog by Vladimir Bortko.
Boris Plotnikov appeared in the drama television series Empire under Attack (2000), where Boris Plotnikov portrayed Grand Duke Sergei Alexandrovich, in the musical melodrama Cricket Behind the Fire in which the actor received the leading role of the Cricket, the keeper of the home.
He appeared in the role of Dr. Dmitri Ivanovich in the action movie Shadowboxing (2005), and in the crime drama Experts (2007) played a forensic medical worker.
In 2006, director Natalya Bondarchuk invited Plotnikov to play the Chief of the Gendarmes of the Secret Chancellery, Leonti Dubelt, in the drama Pushkin. The Last Duel.
Boris Plotnikov also participated in the military themed series Everyone has his Own War (2011), Snipers: Love under Sight (2012), Fighters. The Last Battle (2015).
- The Ascent (Восхождение, 1977) as Sotnikov
- Pugachev (Емельян Пугачев, 1978) as iconographer
- The Wild Hunt King Stach (Дикая охота короля Стаха, 1979) as Andrew Beloretskiy
- Iona or Artist at Work (Иона, или Художник за работой, 1983) as Iona
- Peter the Great (Пётр Великий, 1986) as Tsarevich Alexei
- Cold Summer of 1953 (Холодное лето пятьдесят третьего, 1988) as Nikolai Starobogatov's son
- Heart of a Dog (Собачье сердце, 1988) as Dr. Ivan Arnoldovich Bormental
- Empire under Attack (Империя под ударом, 2000) as Sergei Alexandrovich
- Shadowboxing (Бой с тенью, 2005) as Dr. Dmitri Ivanovich
- Puschkin. Last Duel (Пушкин. Последняя дуэль, 2006) as Leontiy Dubelt