"Boreen" also appears sometimes in names of minor urban roads such as Saint Mobhi Bóithrín (Irish: Bóithrín Mobhí), commonly known as Mobhi Boreen in Glasnevin, Dublin. To be considered a boreen the road or path should not be wide enough for two cars to pass and has grass growing in the middle.
|Look up boreen in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Boreen. Focail.ie, national database of Irish language terminology. Retrieved: 2016-04-10.
- Boreen. Foclóir Gaeilge-Béarla (Ó Dónaill, 1977). Retrieved: 2016-04-10.
- boreen, n. Oxford English Dictionary, Second edition, 1989; online version November 2010. Retrieved: 2011-01-04.
- Saint Mobhi Bóithrín at Irish Placenames Database. Retrieved: 2011-01-04.
- Mobhi Boreen on Google Maps. Retrieved: 2011-01-04.
|This Irish road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|