Bonfire has not officially announced their first project. However in an interview with Morgan Webb at the VentureBeat Summit in April 2019, Rob Pardo announced they were working with the Unity game engine on an online multiplayer game. He also announced some details of the project.
Our first game is going to be a PC focused game. I think it might eventually go cross platform, but it's a PC game. It's definitely much more for a core audience, we're not going to suddenly go out and make Candy Crush.— Rob Pardo, "Building a Culture that Lasts", GamesBeat Summit 2019
Pardo also described the pitch process. Everyone in the studio had the opportunity to pitch a game. Of the 40 original ideas, the studio chose 7 to expand into full fledged pitch decks. Everyone then stack-ranked their favorites, and when they chose the game the result was fairly unanimous.
Rob Pardo, former chief creative officer at Blizzard Entertainment and lead designer of World of Warcraft is joined by former CEO of Nexon America Min Kim, game designer Josh Mosqueira (Homeworld 2, Company of Heroes, Far Cry 3, Diablo III), producer Sigurlína Ingvarsdóttir (Eve Online, Star Wars: Battlefront), and former games journalist Morgan Webb (The Screen Savers, X-Play).
- Wingfield, Nick (2016-09-11). "A New Phase for World of Warcraft's Lead Designer: His Own Start-Up". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- VentureBeat (2019-04-29), Building a Culture that Lasts | GamesBeat Summit 2019 | Hero Stage Day 1, retrieved 2019-04-29
- "Bonfire Studios is not 'gonna suddenly go out and make Candy Crush'". VentureBeat. 2019-04-24. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- "Building Bonfire: Rob Pardo's plans for 2018 and beyond". GamesIndustry.biz. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- "Joshua Mosqueira Video Game Credits and Biography". MobyGames. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- Scott, Ryan (July 2006). "Company of Heroes: Dawn of (World) War (II)". Computer Gaming World. 264.
- "Josh Mosqueira appointed as Diablo III game director". GamesIndustry.biz. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- Carlson, Patrick (2013-06-07). "Diablo 3 gets a new game director". PC Gamer. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- "Meet the woman responsible for the year's biggest video game". Fortune. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- "Our Story & Our Team". Bonfire Studios. Retrieved 2019-04-29.