Bobby Pierce (racing driver)
Bobby Pierce (born November 24, 1996) is an American professional dirt late model and stock car racing driver. A competitor in late models, he also competes part-time in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, driving the No. 63 Chevrolet Silverado for MB Motorsports.
Pierce leans over his Lucas Oil Late Model in 2018
|Born||November 24, 1996|
|Achievements||2014, 2015, 2016 UMP DIRTcar Late Model national champion|
2015, 2016 2017 UMP DIRTcar Summer "Hell Tour" champion
2016 World 100 winner
2016 North/South 100 winner
2014 & 2016 Slocum 50 Winner2017 VP Racing Fuels Gateway Dirt Nationals winner
|NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series career|
|8 races run over 3 years|
|Truck no., team||No. 63 (MB Motorsports)|
|Best finish||39th (2015)|
|First race||2015 Mudsummer Classic (Eldora)|
|Last race||2017 Eldora Dirt Derby (Eldora)|
|Statistics current as of July 19, 2017.|
Pierce is the son of Bob Pierce whose late model career in the 1980s and 1990s earned him membership in the National Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame. Pierce began racing on dirt tracks in the “racing” state of Illinois.
Pierce finished second in the 2013 UMP Summer Nationals "Hell Tour". He followed it up by winning the 2014 UMP DIRTcar Late Model national champion. He won the points championship for the 2015 Summer Nationals "Hell Tour" in June / July, and repeated as UMP DIRTcar Late Model national champion for the 2015 season.
Pierce made his first NASCAR start on the dirt for the Mudsummer Classic at Eldora Speedway on July 22, 2015 where he was the fastest qualifier. He won the first heat race and sat on the pole position for the feature in an MB Motorsports truck. He battled for the lead during most of the race and ended up finishing second to fellow dirt ringer Christopher Bell.
Pierce's success prompted Dale Earnhardt Jr. to sign him to JR Motorsports on August 5, 2015 for his asphalt Late Model debut at Hickory Motor Speedway in a Whelen All-American Series race at the circuit. Pierce made his second NASCAR start at Martinsville Speedway, his first experience on a non-dirt track, driving the No. 63 for MB Motorsports.
Motorsports career resultsEdit
(key) (Bold – Pole position awarded by qualifying time. Italics – Pole position earned by points standings or practice time. * – Most laps led.)
Camping World Truck SeriesEdit
|NASCAR Camping World Truck Series results|
* Season still in progress
1 Ineligible for series points
- Bonkowski, Jerry. "Bobby Pierce earns pole at Eldora in first career NCWTS start". NBC Sports.
- "Bobby Pierce - MD3 Driver of the Month". Performance Bodies. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "Bobby Pierce takes Jacksonville Speedway's UMP DIRTcar Summer Nationals victory!". St. Louis Motor Racing News. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "Hell Tour 2015 points". Archived from the original on July 23, 2015. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "'Balls to the Wall' for Pierce in Dirt Midget Debut in Indy". Speed51. December 10, 2015. Retrieved 2015-12-13.
- "Bobby Pierce Takes a Close 2nd at Eldora in NASCAR Debut". WAND-TV. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "Speedco Partners with Odle Motorsports Inc. and Bobby Pierce". Speedco. August 5, 2015. Retrieved August 5, 2015.