Bobby Hart (American football)
Bobby Hart (born August 21, 1994) is an American football offensive tackle for the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the New York Giants in the seventh round of the 2015 NFL Draft. He played college football for Florida State.
Hart with the New York Giants
|No. 68 – Cincinnati Bengals|
|Born:||August 21, 1994|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||318 lb (144 kg)|
|High school:||Fort Lauderdale (FL) Aquinas|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 7 / Pick: 226|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Player stats at PFR|
High school careerEdit
A native of Lauderhill, Florida, Hart attended St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, where he was teammates with Giovani Bernard, Rashad Greene, Lamarcus Joyner, Cody Riggs, Marcus Roberson, and James White.
New York GiantsEdit
Hart was drafted by the New York Giants in the seventh round, 226th overall, in the 2015 NFL Draft. When the Giants drafted Hart, they projected him as a guard in the NFL. To prepare for the switch, he worked out with former Pro Bowl center LeCharles Bentley. Hart, though, stayed primarily at right tackle in 2015.
In 2016, Hart started 13 games at right tackle, taking over early in the season when Marshall Newhouse was injured.
Hart entered the 2017 season as the Giants’ starting right tackle. He played in 10 games with seven starts in 2017. He was waived/injured by the Giants on December 30, 2017 with an ankle injury and was placed on injured reserve after refusing to play in the team's season finale. On February 9, 2018, Hart was released by the Giants.
On March 11, 2019, Hart signed a three-year, $16.150 million contract extension with the Bengals.
- "Giants 7th Round Pick: Florida State Offensive Tackle Bobby Hart". CBS Sports. May 2, 2015. Retrieved May 6, 2012.
- Powell, Nick (May 9, 2015). "What impressed the Giants about seventh rounder Bobby Hart? His punctuality". NJ.com. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- Salomone, Dan (May 2, 2015). "Giants draft Florida State OL Bobby Hart in Round 7". Giants.com. Archived from the original on February 15, 2018. Retrieved February 14, 2018.
- Eisen, Michael (December 30, 2017). "Roster Moves: OT Hart Waived/Injured, WR King to IR, Three promoted from practice squad". Giants.com. Archived from the original on January 1, 2018.
- Williams, Charean (February 9, 2018). "Giants waive Bobby Hart from injured reserve". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- Shook, Nick (February 14, 2018). "Cincinnati Bengals sign offensive lineman Bobby Hart". NFL.com.
- "Bengals re-sign Bobby Hart to 3-year contract worth $21 million". CincyJungle.com. March 11, 2019.