Sir Bob Dadae,  is a Papua New Guinean politician who is the tenth and current Governor-General of Papua New Guinea. He assumed office as the tenth Governor-General on 28 February 2017, succeeding Sir Michael Ogio.(born 8 March 1961)
Sir Bob Dadae
|Governor-General of Papua New Guinea|
|Assumed office |
28 February 2017
|Prime Minister||Peter O'Neill|
|Preceded by||Theo Zurenuoc (Acting)|
|Born||8 March 1961|
Morobe Province, Papua New Guinea
|Political party||United Party (Before 2012)|
People's National Congress (2012–present)
|Alma mater||University of Papua New Guinea|
He was educated at the Ombo Lutheran Agency in Derim and the Bugandi High School, before completing a B.Com. degree from the University of Papua New Guinea (1988) and MBA degree from Griffith University (1995). Prior to his election to parliament, he was an accountant for the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Papua New Guinea and a board member of the Christian Press publishing house.
He was elected to the National Parliament of Papua New Guinea at the 2002 election as the United Party member for Kabwum Open, becoming the party's deputy leader after the election. He became Deputy Speaker in 2004. He was again re-elected at the 2007 election, and served as Minister for Defence under Michael Somare from 2007 to 2011. He crossed to the People's National Congress after Somare's 2011 ouster, and was re-elected under that banner at the 2012 election.
- "Index Da". www.rulers.org.
- Kisselpar, Joy (February 1, 2017). "Bob Dadae named next Governor-General of Papua New Guinea". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved February 3, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Hon. Bob Dadae, MP". Parliament of Papua New Guinea. Archived from the original on 2017-02-03. Retrieved February 3, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "No. 61920". The London Gazette. 5 May 2017. p. 9404.
- "No. 62028". The London Gazette. 18 August 2017. https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2849611
| Governor General of Papua New Guinea