BlueCrest Capital Management
BlueCrest Capital Management is a British-American hedge fund which was founded by British billionaire Michael Platt and American William Reeves in 2000. The New York City-based company has registered offices in London, New York City, Boston, Geneva, Connecticut and Singapore. BlueCrest Capital Management is Europe’s third-biggest hedge-fund firm, managing over £30 billion. The firm's employees are estimated to number c.600.
Forbes estimated Michael Platt's net worth to be US$8 billion in 2019.
In 2014, Bluecrest spun off $8.2bn worth of assets into a new company, Systematica Investments, run by Bluecrest employee, Leda Braga. CNBC has referred to Braga as "the most powerful woman in Hedge Funds", earning in excess of US$50m annually.
- "Michael Platt And William Reeves Bio, Returns, Net Worth". Insider Monkey. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "Company Overview of BlueCrest Capital Management Limited". Businessweek. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- Westbrook, Jesse (Dec 2013). "Man Who Said No to Soros Builds BlueCrest Into Empire". Bloomberg. Bloomberg. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "BlueCrest Capital Management". pensionfundsonline.co.uk.
- Liyan Chen. "Michael Platt". Forbes.
- "Leda Braga". equinoxfunds.com.
- Nathan Vardi. "Leda Braga - In Photos: The 40 Highest-Earning Hedge Fund Managers". Forbes.
- Stevenson, Alexandra; Goldstein, Matthew (2015-12-01). "BlueCrest to Close Hedge Fund and Refund Outside Investors". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-08-09.
- "Hedge fund firm BlueCrest Capital Management to go private". Reuters. 2015-12-01. Retrieved 2017-08-09.