Blood-Horse Publications is an American multimedia publishing house focused on horse-related magazines headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky. It began in 1916 through its flagship magazine, The Blood-Horse. From 1961 to 2015, Blood-Horse Publications was owned by the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, a non-profit organization that promotes Thoroughbred racing and breeding. In 2015, The Jockey Club became the majority owner. According to the company, Blood-Horse has subscribers from over 80 countries worldwide. and according to ESPN is the thoroughbred industry's most-respected trade publication.
|Parent company||The Jockey Club and the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Lexington, Kentucky|
- Publisher & CEO
- Marla Bickel
- Board of Trustees
- Stuart S. Janney III - Chairman
- G. Watts Humphrey, Jr. - Vice Chairman
- Antony Beck
- D. G. Van Clief, Jr.
Their book-publishing arm is Eclipse Press. They also distribute a mail-order catalog of horse-related items, called Exclusively Equine that offers publications such as the Kentucky Derby Souvenir Magazine and Commemorative Collector's Issues and run several websites.
Products and servicesEdit
- "The Blood-Horse Releases Thoroughbred Pedigree and Genetics Symposium on DVD". 9 February 2011.
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- ExclusivelyEquine.com, division of Blood-Horse Publications Archived 2012-03-01 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved February 19, 2012
- ESPN - August 5, 2003 Retrieved February 19, 2012
- "TheHorse: Your Guide to Equine Health Care - TheHorse.com".
- "Eclipse Press Custom Publishing". Archived from the original on 2007-03-21. Retrieved 2007-03-09.
- Blood-Horse Publications publications, products, and services list
- "The Blood-Horse MarketWatch".
- "Auction Edge - Home".
- "Keeneland magazine: Welcome!".
- "Stallion Register Online". Bloodhorse.com. Retrieved 2012-05-21.
- "The Blood-Horse Source". Bloodhorse.com. Retrieved 2012-05-21.