The BlackBerry KEYone is a touchscreen-based Android smartphone with a physical QWERTY keyboard that is manufactured by TCL Corporation under the brand name of BlackBerry Mobile. Originally known by its unofficial code name "Mercury", the KEYone was officially announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on February 25, 2017. While there were BlackBerry smartphones running Android before, the KEYone is the first Android-based BlackBerry with the iconic BlackBerry design (having a physical QWERTY keyboard below the screen and not being a slider phone like the Priv). TCL executives termed the KEYone as a success, mentioning 850,000 units being sold.
BlackBerry KEYone in original silver
|Slogan||Distinctly Different. Distinctly BlackBerry.|
|First released||April 27, 2017|
H 149.1 mm (5.87 in)|
W 72.39 mm (2.850 in)
D 9.4 mm (0.37 in)
|Weight||180 g (6.35 oz)|
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon 625|
|CPU||Octa-core 2.0 GHz|
normal version: 3 GBBlack Edition: 4 GB
normal version: 32 GBBlack Edition: 64 GB
|Removable storage||Up to 2 TB microSDXC|
|Battery||3505 mAh Li-Ion non-removable battery|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch touchscreen, physical keyboard with touchpad|
|Rear camera||12 MP with f/2.0 aperture, 4K video capture, HDR, phase detection autofocus, EIS|
|Front camera||8 MP, 1080p video capture|
The first sale units of the BlackBerry KEYone came pre-loaded with Android 7.1 Nougat, and the BlackBerry Hub and DTEK applications were also preinstalled. It is powered by a 3505 mAh battery and an octa-core, Snapdragon 625 processor, 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage. The hardware has been designed by the Chinese TCL Corporation. It was released in India on 1 August 2017, in a special Limited Edition Black, that was released on other markets later. Color, and some changes to the specifications, including 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage, instead of the 3 GB RAM + 32 GB storage international version. The Indian version also features a dual-sim slot, which they claim is the 'first BlackBerry smartphone with dual-sim support', although the BlackBerry Aurora in Indonesia has that title.
The phone measures 149.1 x 72.4 x 9.4 mm (4.5 inches). Its case is made of a silver aluminum frame, with a black rubbery grip in the back. The top of the phone features a headphone jack. The bottom of the phone features an USB-C port and a mono speaker. The phone also features a fully touch-enabled QWERTY physical keyboard which responds to swipe gestures and doubles as a trackpad, a fingerprint scanner located in the spacebar, and keyboard shortcuts to speed up the launching of apps and features.
The phone features a 3:2, IPS screen at 1080x1620 pixels, with a pixel density of 434ppi. The phone possesses two cameras: one 8-megapixel at the front and a Sony IMX378, 12-megapixel at the rear. The rear camera can record 4K videos at 30 fps. The front camera can record 1080p videos at 30 frames per seconds. The phone can shoot pictures in 3:2 by default (the screen's ratio) or in the standard 4:3. It also features EIS and phase-detection autofocus.
In September 2017, TCL Communications worked with AT&T Mobility to make an AT&T-exclusive version of the KEYone, the BlackBerry KEYone Space Black. The device contains the same specifications as the original device, but shares the same colors as the Limited Edition Black.  The device will only be available in the United States.
In India, however, Blackberry has launched an upgraded variant, called the Blackberry KEYone Limited Edition. Unlike the regular KEYone model, the Limited Edition has 4GB RAM and 64GB internal memory and it comes with dual sim card support. Blackberry also offered a 1 Year Free Screen Replacement guarantee on the Blackberry KEYone Limited Edition via OnlyMobiles.com. 
On November 16th, 2017, BB Merah Putih announced that the BlackBerry KEYone will be joining their BlackBerry lineup, alongside their BlackBerry Aurora. The device, like the Indian model, will be branded under Limited Edition Black title. A live event was held on November 23rd. The device is sold in Indonesia through Dino Market. 
The KEYone originally shipped with Android 7.1 "Nougat," but will be updated to Android 8.0 "Oreo." BlackBerry has promised to provide system security updates for the phone once per month, which contributed to the phone earning official Android Enterprise Recommended status from Google.
- Heater, Brian (2017-05-04). "The KeyOne is the phone BlackBerry should have made 10 years ago". Techcrunch. Retrieved 2017-05-30.
- Summers, Nick (2017-02-25). "BlackBerry's 'Mercury' phone is now the KEYone". Engadget. Retrieved 2017-05-30.
- Schoon, Ben (February 26, 2018). "BlackBerry sold 850,000 Keyone units and declares 'mission accomplished,' aims to capture 3% of smartphone market". 9to5Google. Retrieved July 6, 2018.
- Stevenson, Alastair. "BlackBerry KEYone – Software and Performance". TrustedReviews. Retrieved 1 June 2017.
- Burrell, Henry (5 May 2017). "BlackBerry KEYone review". PC Advisor. Retrieved 1 June 2017.
- Spence, Ewan (2017-05-26). "BlackBerry KeyOne Review: History Tries To Fight The Future". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-05-30.
Manufactured and sold under licence by TCL, the KeyOne
- "BlackBerry KEYone Goes on Sale in India for the First Time, via Amazon". NDTV Gadgets360.com. Retrieved 2017-08-08.
- Wong, Raymond. "11 reasons why you should dump your iPhone for the BlackBerry KEYone". Mashable. Retrieved 1 June 2017.
- Stevenson, Alastair. "BlackBerry KEYone review". TrustedReviews. Retrieved 1 June 2017.
- Stevenson, Alastair (2017-05-05). "BlackBerry KEYone – Camera". Trusted Reviews. Retrieved 2017-05-30.
- "BlackBerry KEYone — Official website — Specifications". www.blackberrymobile.com. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- Swider, Matt. "BlackBerry KeyOne review". TechRadar. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "BlackBerry KEYone — Price, Features and Specs — AT&T". AT&T.
- "Blackberry KEYone Limited Edition (Black)".
- "Home — BB Merah Putih". BB Merah Putih.
- "BlackBerry KeyOne Black Limited Edition". www.dinomarket.com.
- "BlackBerry KEYone and Motion will receive an upgrade to Android Oreo". CrackBerry. 21 August 2017. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "BlackBerry KEYone". BlackBerry. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Android Enterprise Recommended". Android.com. Retrieved 21 February 2018.