Björn Natthiko Lindeblad (Buddhist name Natthiko Bhikku, 16 August 1961 – 17 January 2022) was a Swedish economist, lecturer, and Buddhist monk.
Björn Natthiko Lindeblad
|Born||Björn Knut Valdemar Lindeblad|
16 August 1961
|Died||17 January 2022(aged 60)|
|Alma mater||Stockholm School of Economics|
Natthiko Lindeblad was born on 16 August 1961. He had a master's degree in economics from the Stockholm School of Economics and began working in the mid-1980s as deputy finance manager for AGA AB in Spain. As he did not like the job, he started to work in a preschool, and studied literary studies. He was also a substitute teacher, and worked for a year as an economist for the United Nations in India.
Natthiko Lindeblad became interested in meditation and Buddhism before and during his year in India, and in January 1992, he applied to Wat Pah Nanachat, a poor forest monastery in northeastern Thailand, and became a monk named Natthiko Bhikkhu. The monastery served as a spiritual inn with many guests from Thailand and abroad, and Lindeblad appreciated the environment and the community. In October 2008, Lindeblad decided to leave the monastery and return to Sweden to lead retreats for meditation and give lectures.
In 2012, Natthiko Lindeblad was chosen to be the listeners' summer host in the popular Swedish radio show Sommar. He then became successful in leading guided meditations, retreats and business leadership programs. In September 2018, Lindeblad was diagnosed with ALS, which in various ways affected his continued lecturing activities.
In 2020, he released the book Jag kan ha fel och andra visdomar från mitt liv som buddhistmunk. The English translation of the book, titled I May Be Wrong And Other Wisdoms from Life as a Forest Monk, is scheduled to be released on 17 February 2022.
On 17 January 2022, Lindeblad died of euthanasia at the age of 60, surrounded by his loved ones.
- Neuman, Ricki (29 August 2010). "Ute ur klostret". Svenska Dagbladet. Archived from the original on 6 January 2022. Retrieved 7 January 2022 – via www.svd.se.
- Radio, Sveriges. "Björn Lindeblad - Sommar & Vinter i P1". sverigesradio.se. Archived from the original on 6 January 2022. Retrieved 7 January 2022.
- Lagercrantz, Agneta (17 February 2019). "16 år som buddhistmunk hjälp i obotliga sjukdomen". Svenska Dagbladet. Archived from the original on 6 January 2022. Retrieved 7 January 2022 – via www.svd.se.
- "Björn Natthiko Lindeblad om ALS-sjukdomen – hela intervjun med Jenny Strömstedt". www.tv4.se. Archived from the original on 4 October 2020. Retrieved 7 January 2022.
- "I May Be Wrong av Lindeblad Bjorn Natthiko Lindeblad (Häftad)". Bokus.com. Archived from the original on 7 January 2022. Retrieved 7 January 2022.
- "Björn Natthiko Lindeblad död". HBL. 18 January 2022. Retrieved 18 January 2022.