Big Guns is a British crime television series which originally aired on the BBC in 1958. The show was based on the character of Detective Superintendent Charlesworth, played by Wensley Pithey, who had featured an previous series Mister Charlesworth and would go on to appear further series including Charlesworth at Large and Charlesworth.
|Written by||Berkely Mather|
|Directed by||Gerard Glaister|
|Starring||Wensley Pithey |
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||BBC 1|
|Original release||1 January –|
5 February 1958
|Preceded by||Mister Charlesworth|
|Followed by||Charlesworth at Large|
- Wensley Pithey Det. Supt. Charlesworth
- Nigel Davenport as Sgt. Spence
- Walter Fitzgerald as J. Philimore Sparkes
- Anthony Baird as PC Wrothbury
- Carl Bernard as Milton
- Warren Mitchell as Kegworthy
- Anna Burden as Alice Charlesworth
- Radio Times p.17
- Radio Times, Volume 138. G. Newnes, 1958.
- Noble, Peter. British Film and Television Year Book, Volume 9. 1959.