The Bidvest Group Limited (commonly known as Bidvest Group or simply Bidvest) is a South African services, trading, and distribution company. The Group was founded in 1988 by Brian Joffe and listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in 1990. The Group owns or has significant holdings in over 300 companies. The Bidvest Group Limited has a corporate office in Johannesburg, South Africa, and employs approximately 137,000 people.
|Traded as||JSE: BVT|
|Lorato Phalatse |
|Services||Services, Trading, Distribution |
Number of employees
In May 2016, its food services division was unbundled from the Group to form the Bidcorp Group.
Bidvest Bank, a South African commercial bank, is a 100% subsidiary of Bidvest Group. Bidvest named current Executive Director Mpumi Madisa as their next CEO and first female CEO. Madisa will replace current CEO Lindsay Ralphs during the 2021 financial year.
- Bidvest Automotive
- Bidvest Commercial Products
- Bidvest Electrical
- Bidvest Financial Services
- Bidvest Freight
- Bidvest Office & Print
- Bidvest Services
The Bidvest Group Limited board comprises fourteen members: six executive directors, one non-executive director, and seven independent non-executive directors. On 23 May 2016, Lindsay Peter Ralphs was appointed as the Group CEO of the Bidvest Group, after the unbundling of the Bidvest Food Services division (now known as the Bidcorp Group). Preceding this, he was the CEO of the now defunct Bidvest South Africa division since 2011. He has previously served as the Group Operations Director, Managing Director of Bidvest Steiner and founded the Bidvest Services division.
- Reuters – http://in.reuters.com/finance/stocks/overview?symbol=BVTJ.J
- Bidvest corporate website – http://www.bidvest.co.za/index.php
- "Boost for Bidvest as Bid Corp lists on JSE". Fin24. 30 May 2017. Retrieved 20 September 2017.
- "About Us". Bidvest Bank. Retrieved 3 July 2017.
- "Mpumi Madisa officially appointed as Bidvest's first female CEO". The South African. 8 March 2019. Retrieved 18 March 2019.
- "Bidvest says Mpumi Madisa will be its next CEO". None. Retrieved 18 March 2019.