This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bibiana Manuela Fernández Chica (born 13 February 1954), better known as Bibiana Fernández and also known as Bibi Andersen, is a Spanish actress, singer, TV presenter and model.
Fernández in 2018
Manuel Fernández Chica
13 February 1954
|Other names||Bibi Andersen|
She was born as Manuel Fernández Chica and spent her childhood in Málaga. Despite being born male, she decided to receive hormone treatment in adulthood. She completed her sex reassignment surgery in 1991 and changed her name to Bibiana in 1994.
After spending some time performing in various shows around Barcelona, she went on to make her film debut in Vicente Aranda's Cambio de Sexo (Sex Change).
With this movie she rose to stardom in Spain, appearing in several TV shows and releasing several hit songs such as "Call Me Lady Champagne" and "Sálvame".
In the 1980s she began working with film director Pedro Almodóvar and was cast in many of his movies. She also hosted different television shows while acting in more films.
She was married to Asdrúbal Ametller from 2000 to 2003.
- 1980 – Bibi Andersen (album)
- 1980 – "Call Me Lady Champagne" (single)
- 1980 – "Sálvame" (single)
- 1982 – "Canto" (single)
- Román, Manuel (17 February 2017). "Los hombres de Bibiana Fernández (y el más duro golpe que encajó)". Chic (in Spanish). Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Bibiana Fernández, a olvidar sus problemas económicos cocinando". El Español (in Spanish). Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Bibiana Fernández". IMDb. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
|This article about a Spanish actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|