Bhagavati(Redirected from Bhagavathi)
Bhagavati temples can also be found all over India, for example,
- Bhagavati Devi Sansthan Deosari, Umarkhed, Yavatmal District, Maharashtra.
- Bhagavati temple at Ratnagiri, Maharashtra.
- Bhagawati Temple at Reotipur, Uttar Pradesh.
Shrines of these goddesses are referred to as Bhagavati Kshetram in Kerala. Some popular Bhagavati temples in Kerala are,
- Attukal Temple
- Kalluvettu Kuzhikkal Bhagavati Kshetram at Karaparamba, Calicut
- Chottanikkara Temple
- Chettikulangara Devi Temple
- Madayi Kavu
- Kodungallur Bhagavathy Temple
- Paramekkavu Bhagavathi Temple, Thrissur
- Sankarankulangara Bhagavathi Temple, Thrissur
- Olarikkara Bhagavathi Temple, Thrissur
- Peroor Kavu Bhagavathi
- Kadampuzha Devi Temple
- Kavaserry Bhagavathi Temple
- Mangottu Bhagavathi Temple
- Mondaicaud Bhagavathi Temple in Kolachal, Kanyakumari district, Tamil Nadu.
- Lokanarkavu (Lokamalayar kavu) temple in Vatakara, Kozhikode District.
- Kalayamvelli temple, Kozhikode District.
- Shree Sasihithulu Bhagavathee Temple, Haleyangadi, Karnataka.
Many Bhagavati temples are found in Goa, where the deity is mainly worshiped in the form of Mahishasuramardini by the Goud Saraswat Brahmin, Daivadnya Brahmin, Bhandari communities. Bhagavati is also worshiped as one of the Panchayatana deity in most of the Goan temples. Shrines specially dedicated to Bhagavati are:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bhagavathi.|