Bevin Fortuin (born 6 February 1979) is a former South African international rugby union player and currently the head coach of the SWD Eagles. His regular playing position was fullback or centre.
|Full name||Bevin André Fortuin|
|Date of birth||6 February 1979|
|Place of birth||George, South Africa|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||96 kg (15 st 2 lb; 212 lb)|
|School||George High School|
|Rugby union career|
He started playing for local side SWD Eagles, playing for them at youth level from 1998 until he made his senior debut in 2000. He played for them for six seasons, before joining the Free State Cheetahs in 2005, where he spent a further four seasons. During this time, he also represented Super Rugby side the Cheetahs, making 22 appearances for them between 2006 and 2008.
He returned to the SWD Eagles for the 2009 Currie Cup First Division, as well as the 2010 season. In early 2011, he announced that he would be a candidate for the Democratic Alliance in the South African municipal election, 2011. The SWD Rugby Union distanced themselves from him and he was not offered a contract for 2012.
He joined club side Blanco instead for 2011, first as a player, but later as their coach, guiding them to the 2012 National Club Championships. He joined the SWD Eagles coaching staff for the 2012 season and was appointed head coach after the 2013 Vodacom Cup season.
- "SA Rugby Player Profile – Bevin Fortuin". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "ESPN Scrum Player Profile Bevin Fortuin". ESPN Scrum. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- "Fortuin se politiek pla rugbyunie". News24 (in Afrikaans). 12 January 2011. Archived from the original on 16 June 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Enslin, Grundlingh. "Springbok Rugby Hall of Fame". Springbok Rugby Hall of Fame. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "Blanco suffer heavy defeat on opening day of National Club Championships". The Gremlin. 17 September 2012. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- "Ex-Bok Fortuin to coach SWD". Sport24. Media24. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "Arende stel breiers vry om vlerke te sprei". Netwerk24 (in Afrikaans). 7 November 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2015.