Betsy Devine (born 1946) is an American author, journalist, and blogger, with published works including Longing for the Harmonies (1988), an appreciation of modern physics with Nobel laureate Frank Wilczek, and of Absolute Zero Gravity (1993), a collection of light-hearted material about science, with biologist Joel E. Cohen. She is a Wikipedian and spoke at Wikimania in 2006, and is the spouse of physicist Wilczek.
Betsy Devine at BlogHer 2006 in San Jose, California.
|Notable credit(s)||Longing for the Harmonies, Fantastic Realities, Absolute Zero Gravity|
|Children||Amity and Mira|
Early life and educationEdit
|This section needs expansion with: further sources and information on this notable writer. You can help by adding to it. (March 2016)|
Devine has had, according to her self-description, "many years of immersion in geek sociology, including both Slashdot and Wikipedia flame wars". She is co-author, with husband Frank Wilczek, of Longing for the Harmonies, an appreciation of modern physics; and also, with biologist Joel E. Cohen, of Absolute Zero Gravity, a collection of science jokes, poems, and stories. About 75 pages taken from her blog were included as "a contribution" to a collection of essays written by Frank Wilczek on various aspects of physics, Fantastic Realities. The Nobel Prize Foundation's website links to Devine's weblog with regard to the ongoing family saga and adventures surrounding Frank Wilczek's winning the 2004 Nobel Prize in physics.
|This section needs expansion with: further information on this statement, and other non-work/career activities. You can help by adding to it. (March 2016)|
- Devine, Betsy; Frank Wilczek (1988). Longing for the Harmonies. W. W. Norton & Company. ISBN 0-393-02482-2.
- Devine, Betsy; Joel E. Cohen (December 1992). Absolute Zero Gravity: Science Jokes, Quotes and Anecdotes. Fireside. ISBN 0-671-74060-1.
- Devine, Betsy; Frank Wilczek (June 2006). Fantastic Realities: 49 Mind Journeys And a Trip to Stockholm. World Scientific Publishing Company. ISBN 981-256-649-X.
- "Frank Wilczek - Biographical". nobelprize.org. Retrieved March 17, 2016.
- "Presenters/Betsy Devine". wikimedia.org. Retrieved March 17, 2016.
- Perlman, David (February 14, 1988). "The Never-Ending Hum of the Universe". The New York Times. Retrieved 26 April 2010.
- The Scientist Staff (1993). "Notebook" (early event blog). The Scientist (11 January). Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- Berry, Michael (2006). "Fantastic Realities: 49 Mind Journeys and a Trip to Stockholm, by Frank Wilczek" (book review). Nature. 442 (870; 24 August). doi:10.1038/442870a. Retrieved 17 March 2016. (Subscription required (. ))
- Durrani, Matin (2006). "Forget about quarks, read my wife's blog" (book review). Times Higher Education (15 September). Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "Frank Wilczek - Other Resources".
- Now with Even More Funny Ha-Ha and Peculiar—Betsy's blog
- 2003 interview with Frank Paynter
- 2004 interview with Steve Rubel about her work for Feedster
- "Blogging in Boston" podcast with Tony Kahn, from "Morning Stories" show aired in 2004[permanent dead link] (Link is to mp3 file)
- 2005 Podcast conversation with Dave Winer (Link is to mp3 file of 40-minute conversation)
|This article about a United States journalist born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|