Berkshire Regional Transit Authority
Berkshire Regional Transit Authority is a bus transportation system serving the City of Pittsfield and Greater Berkshire County, Massachusetts. It provides year-round bus service with connections to Amtrak at the Joseph Scelsi Intermodal Transportation Center (ITC).
Buses at the Joseph Scelsi Intermodal Transportation Center
|Headquarters||Joseph Scelsi ITC, Pittsfield|
|Service area||Berkshire County, Massachusetts|
|Service type||bus service, paratransit|
|Fleet||24 fixed-route (2016)|
55 demand response (2010)
|Annual ridership||574,418 (2015)|
All buses accept cash and CharlieCard. The current local fare, staying within a town or going to the next town, is $1.75 cash and $1.55 CharlieCard. The 3 or more towns fare is $4.50 cash and $4.00 CharlieCard. A 1-day pass is available for systemwide trips, and a 7 and 30 day pass is available for both trip lengths. Paratransit service is available with its own fares.
Schedule and RoutesEdit
Service is from Monday through Saturday. Service runs from 5:00 AM to 8:00 PM on weekdays and 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Saturday. There is no service on Sunday or holidays except for President's Day and Patriot's Day.
|1||Walmart, North Adams||Sclesi ITC||Route 8, Merrill Road, Tyler Street|
|2||Lee Premium Outlets||Scelsi ITC||Route 7A, East Street, Housatonic Street|
|3||Williams Inn||North Adams||Route 2, State Street|
|3E||Williams Inn; North Adams||Scelsi ITC||Route 7, Route 2|
|4||Hinsdale Post Office||Scelsi ITC||Route 7A, East Street, Housatonic Street|
|5||Lanesborough Police Station, Hancock Street & Route 7||Scelsi ITC||Route 7, Waconah Street, Linden Street, Hancock Street|
|11||BCC||Scelsi ITC||West Street|
|12||Berkshire Crossing||Scelsi ITC||East Street, Dalton Avenue, Merrill Road|
|14||Berkshire Crossing||Scelsi ITC||East Street, Dalton Avenue, Merrill Road|
|15||Lebanon Avenue||Scelsi ITC||Route 20, Lebanon Avenue|
|16||BMC, Allendale Shopping Center||Scelsi ITC||North Street, Crane Avenue|
|21||Claire Teague Senior Center||Lee Premium Outlets||Route 102, Route 183|
|21X||Great Barrington Big Y||Scelsi ITC||Route 7, Route 7A|
|34||Walmart, North Adams Main Street, Mohawk Forest||BMC North Adams||Main Street, Route 2, River Street|
- Levulis, Jim (September 12, 2016). "Berkshire Community College And Transit Authority Highlight Bus Use". WAMC. Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- "RTA PROFILE: BERKSHIRE REGIONAL TRANSIT AUTHORITY". massdot.state.ma.us. Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Retrieved July 18, 2015.
- "Public Transit Agency Ridership Statistics". Governing. e.Republic. Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- "BRTA located in Pittsfield, Massachusetts 01201". berkshirerta. Berkshire Regional Transit Authority. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- "New Fare Structure" (PDF). berkshirerta. BRTA Advisory Board. McMAHON. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 10, 2015. Retrieved July 1, 2015.CS1 maint: others (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Berkshire Regional Transit Authority.|
|This article related to bus transportation in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transportation in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|