Pye was educated at New College, Oxford. He was Rector of Whitburn from 1769 to 1791. He married (and was the second husband of) Elizabeth Bathurst-Sleigh 3rd daughter of Mary, who in turn was the second child of Charles Bathurst, MP for Richmond 1727.
He died on 26 March 1808.
- "Abstract of Will of Benjamin Pye, Doctor of laws, Archdeacon of Durham of Easington,..." National Archives. 27 April 1808. Retrieved 27 January 2020.
- Alumni Oxonienses: The Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886 Foster, J (Ed) Volume 3 p1165; Oxford and London: Parker and Co,1888-1891
- "British history online".
- History of the commoners of England and Ireland Volume II BY John Burke 1835.
- The Bishoprick Garland page 63
- 'Births, Deaths, Marriages and Obituaries' The Lancaster Gazette and General Advertiser, for Lancashire, Westmorland, &c. (Lancaster, England), Saturday, 2 April 1808; Issue 355
|This article about an English poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a songwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|