Born in Puerto Rico, Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz spent his childhood between the capital's suburban area of Guaynabo and Luquillo Beach, where his parents had an apartment. After attending Margarita Janer High School in Guaynabo, he studied in the School of Architecture at the University of Puerto Rico.
|Alma mater||The University of Puerto Rico|
|Occupation||Owner of BNO design, LLC|
Noriega-Ortiz completed his first master's degree in Architecture at the University of Puerto Rico in 1982. He moved to New York, where he earned a second master's degree in Architecture and Urban Design from Columbia University. Noriega-Ortiz started his career at the interior and product design studio of John F. Saladino, Inc. where he spent nine years, including six as head interior designer. He established his own firm, Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, LLC in 1992. Benjamin was named one of New York Spaces' top 50 designers. He was also named one of the top 10 designers by House Beautiful. He is ranked by Mate in its 2012 list of 500 Power Gays in the world.
- esquilin,rivera, eileen (May 2010). "disena esculuras de interior". El nuevo dia: 7.
- esquilin,rivera, eileen (May 2010). "disena esculuras de interior". El nuevo dia: 8.
- landis, dylan (April 1995). "urban balm". House beautiful: 101.
- "top 50 names you will need to know in metro new york design". New york spaces: 87. September 2010.
- "america's most brilliant decorators A to Z". House beautiful. November 2000.
- "500 Power Gays". mate. Fall 2012.