Benedict L. Stabile
Benedict Louis Stabile (December 13, 1927 – July 28, 2014) was a vice admiral in the United States Coast Guard who served as Vice Commandant from 1982 to 1986. He was married to Barbara Adele Thompson and has four children. He was born in Brooklyn, New York and graduated from the United States Coast Guard Academy in 1950. He later also attended Massachusetts Institute of Technology, attaining a degree in Naval Engineering. Stabile also served at a point as Chief of Coast Guard Engineering. Upon his retirement from the Coast Guard in 1986, he served as the president of the Webb Institute until 1990. On July 28, 2014, Stabile died at the age of 86.
Benedict L. Stabile
|Born||December 13, 1927|
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Died||July 28, 2014 (aged 86)|
Willow Street, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Service/||United States Coast Guard|
|Years of service||1950–1986|
|Commands held||Vice Commandant of the United States Coast Guard|
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation (1982). Nominations--U.S. Coast Guard: Hearing Before the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, United States Senate, Ninety-seventh Congress, Second Session, on Nominations of Vice Adm. James S. Gracey, to be Commandant; and Rear Adm. Benedict L. Stabile, to be Vice Commandant, U.S. Coast Guard, May 5, 1982. U.S. Government Printing Office. Retrieved 2015-09-11.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Biographical Sketch – Vice Admiral Robert H. Scarborough" (PDF). U.S. Coast Guard. Retrieved 2010-10-31.[permanent dead link]
- Stabile, B.L.; Johnson, A.A.; United States. Coast Guard (1984). Reflections of Vice Admiral Benedict L. Stabile, U.S. Coast Guard, Former Chief of Coast Guard Engineering: June 13, 1977-June 4, 1979. U.S. Coast Guard. Retrieved 2015-09-11.
- "Webb Institute | Passing of VADM Benedict L. Stabile". Archived from the original on 2014-10-27. Retrieved 2015-09-11.
- "Benedict L. Stabile | Obituaries | lancasteronline.com". lancasteronline.com. Retrieved 2015-09-11.
Robert H. Scarborough
| Vice Commandant of the United States Coast Guard
James C. Irwin