This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ben Kane (born 6 March 1970) is a novelist, specialising in historical fiction. He is best known for The Forgotten Legion, Spartacus and Hannibal book series. Six of his eight novels have been Sunday Times bestsellers, and his books have been published in more than ten countries, including the US, Italy, Spain, Greece, Russia and the Netherlands.
|Born||6 March 1970|
|Notable works||The Forgotten Legion|
Road To Rome
In 2013, Kane and two friends walked the entire length of Hadrian's Wall for charity while wearing full Roman military kit, including hobnailed boots. They raised nearly £19,000 for Combat Stress and Medecins Sans Frontieres. In 2014, they walked again in Italy, raising over £26,500. A documentary film was made about their walk, entitled The Road to Rome. Ian McKellen provides the voiceover.
Kane was born in Nairobi, Kenya and moved to Ireland with his family at age seven. He studied veterinary medicine at University College Dublin, after which he travelled the world extensively, indulging his passion for ancient history. Having visited nearly 70 countries and all seven continents, he now lives in North Somerset with his wife and family.
The Forgotten Legion TrilogyEdit
- The Forgotten Legion (2008)
- The Silver Eagle (2009)
- The Road to Rome (2010)
The Hannibal SeriesEdit
- Hannibal: Enemy of Rome (2011)
- "Hannibal: The Patrol" (short story, 2013); e-book only
- Hannibal: Fields of Blood (2013)
- Hannibal: Clouds of War (2014)
The Spartacus SeriesEdit
- Spartacus: The Gladiator (2012)
- Spartacus: Rebellion (2012)
The Eagles of Rome SeriesEdit
- "The Shrine" (short story, 2015); e-book only
- Eagles at War (2015)
- "The Arena" (short story, 2016); e-book only
- Hunting the Eagles (2016)
- Eagles in the Storm (2017)
The Clash of Empires SeriesEdit
- Clash of Empires (2018)
- The Falling Sword (2019)
- A Day of Fire: A Novel of Pompeii (2014); Kane contributed one chapter
- "Ben Kane biography". www.fantasybookreview.co.uk.
- "There's a Dickens of a lot going on at Bath bookshop". Bath Chronicle. Archived from the original on 2014-12-08. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- "Lincoln School of Film & Media Network". University of Lincoln School of Media. Archived from the original on 7 January 2015. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- Kane, Ben (20 April 2015). "What it's like to march as a Roman soldier". The Telegraph. Retrieved 30 March 2017.