Ben Harrison (sound designer)
Ben Harrison is a sound designer specialising in musical theatre and live events.
Between 2002 and 2007 harrison was head of sound at Leicester’s Haymarket Theatre where he designed West Side Story, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, Hot Stuff - the Christmas Edition, Macbeth, An Illustrious Corpse, Beautiful Thing, The Fortune Club, East, Divine, The Bogus Woman (also Adelaide & New York), The Good Woman of Schezuan, Steven Sondheim’s Pacific Overtures, The Happy Prince and The Wizard of Oz.
Harrison designed the sound for Cabaret with Will Young at the Savoy Theatre in 2012 and at the King's Theatre in Edinburgh in 2013. Other West End projects include Dreamboats and Petticoats with Des O’Connor and Tony Christie, Scrooge with Tommy Steele at the London Palladium, The Country Girl with Jenny Seagrove and Martin Shaw at the Apollo Theatre, Soul Sister and Dancing in the Streets.
Harrison toured in the United Kingdom and internationally with Olivier and Tony award nominated Blood Brothers, Starlight Express, Tommy, Dr Dolittle, Laughter In The Rain, Jekyll & Hyde, Whistle Down The Wind (UK & American tours), Fame the Musical (Cyprus & MonteCarlo); Dancing in the Streets (International tour); Cabaret, Dreamboats & Petticoats, The Country Girl, Evita (International Tour); Soul Sister (Hackney Empire, West End and UK Tour);
Other productions include: The Prodigals at the Gilded Balloon, Edinburgh Festival, Cendrillon (Monte Carlo), Mother Goose, Aladdin, Cinderella, Snow White and Dick Whittington at the Regent Theatre, Stoke-on-Trent, Panto’s On Strike at the Manchester Opera House and Hedda Gabler at the Royal Theatre, Northampton. Harrison is a regular associate of ARTBUILDING PROJECTS, consulting on audio installations of theatres and art spaces across Europe.
- "Jason Manford goes potty about role in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang". Belfast Telegraph, 16/10/2015
- "Olivier Awards past winners". Archived from the original on 2014-10-04. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "Review – Cabaret". All Edinburgh Theatre, October 24, 2013 | By Thom Dibdin
- "Cabaret Performed With d&b At Savoy Theatre In London". Pro Sound Web. Feb. 11, 2013
- Jenny Antill (October 24, 2012). "BWW Reviews: BLOOD BROTHERS, Birmingham Hippodrome, October 23 2012".
- "Evita, Edinburgh Playhouse, Jan 2014, Review". Edinburgh Guide, By Justine Blundell -29 January 2014
- "Oliver! – Curve, Leicester". The Public Reviews.
- "STAGE REVIEW: Hot Stuff at Curve, Leicester:date=October 06, 2010".
- "Daily Mail critic's slating of Piaf at Curve Leicester rejected by...". Leicester MercuryMar 2, 2013.
- "Review: Hairspray at Curve, Leicester". Leiscester Mercury, September 16, 2015
- "Hairspray 2016, Edinburgh Playhouse, Review". Edinburgh Guide, By Justine Blundell 23 February 2016
- "Into the Woods, Opera North, West Yorkshire Playhouse" The Arts Desk, Graham Rickson 09 June 2016