This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Time zone||TRT (UTC+3)|
The town and the surrounding area are famous for their spas and mineral waters received from seven springs.
Belek is a developing golf center. In 2012 it hosted the Turkish Airlines World Golf Final and in 2013 it hosted the Turkish Airlines Open. Belek also hosts the Antalya Open, the only professional tennis tournament currently held in Turkey.
The Kurşunlu Waterfall is a place in Belek which is home to over 100 bird species. The hidden cave at the back of the waterfall is a popular tourist destination. The Hellenistic city of Perge is near Belek. Perge is home to the Aspendos amphitheater that can hold over 15,000 spectators.
The ancient Aspendos amphitheater holds 20,000 people, is over 2,000 years old, and still hosts open-air classical ballet and opera festivals today. The Roman ruins at Perge are some of the best preserved archaeological sites in Turkey. Side is one of the best known classical sites in Turkey.
Belek Town edit
In the center of town the mosque stands alongside statues and a waterfall leading to extensive shopping in the tree lined boulevards. This area is key to Turkey's overall tourism plans having already benefited from substantial investment by the Turkish Tourism Ministry. Turkey is beginning to rival the Algarve for the numbers of golfing tourists annually.
With extensive new blue flag beach park facilities "Belek Beach Park", standards of cleanliness are high with shower, toilet and changing facilities and car parking right on the beach. There are mineral-rich spring water (and sometimes sea water) used to give medicinal baths and the spa resorts offer various health treatments, which are also known as balneotherapy.
- Mahalle, Turkey Civil Administration Departments Inventory. Retrieved 22 May 2023.
- "Address-based population registration system (ADNKS) results dated 31 December 2022, Favorite Reports" (XLS). TÜİK. Retrieved 22 May 2023.
- "Law No. 6360". Official Gazette (in Turkish). 6 December 2012.
- "Tui Magic Life Masmavi". Retrieved 27 August 2022.
- "Classification tables of municipalities and their affiliates and local administrative units" (DOC). Official Gazette (in Turkish). 12 September 2010.
- Corrigan, James (9 October 2012). "Turkey's top golf official is accused of assault after Tiger Woods sparks frenzy on first tee". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- Belek travel guide from Wikivoyage