Belarusian State Academy of Music
Coordinates: The Belarusian State Academy of Music (Беларуская дзяржаўная акадэмія музыкі) is the primary music and higher education institution and research center of musicology, folklore, aesthetics, music pedagogy in Belarus, based in Minsk.
Minsk had earlier had a conservatory, Minsk Conservatory. It was founded in 1932 and up to 1992 was known as the Belarusian State Conservatory. In 2000 the Belarusian Academy of Music was granted status as the leading institution of the national system of education in the field of musical art, alongside the Belarusian State Academy of Arts.
- Mieczysław Weinberg taught and studied composition 1939-41
- Anatoly Bogatyrev - composer, founder of the modern Belarusian school of composition, a professor of the Belarusian State Music Academy, People's Artist of Belarus
- Peter Podkovyrov - composer, honored art worker of the Byelorussian SSR
- Vasily Efimov - Belarusian composer, choral conductor, teacher, Honored Artist of Belarus
- Michael Kroshner - composer, Honoured Artist of the Byelorussian SSR
- Nicholas Aladov - composer, educator, People's Artist of the Byelorussian SSR
- Vladimir Olovnikov - Belarusian composer
- Evgeny Glebov - Belarusian composer, People's Artist of the USSR
- Igor Luchenok - Belarusian composer, People's Artist of the USSR
- Dmitry Smolski - Belarusian composer, guitarist and composer, father of Victor Smolski
- Andrei Mdivani - Belarusian composer, honored art worker of Belarus
- Galina Gorelova - Belarusian composer
- Vyacheslav Kuznetsov - Belarusian composer
- Basil Rainchik - Belarusian composer
- Jadwiga Poplavskaya - Belarusian singer, member of the group "Verasy"
- Oleg Eliseenkov - Belarusian composer
- Vladimir Borzov - poet, Belarusian composer and performer of his own songs
- Michael Kazinik - violinist
- Marina Starostenkova - pianist, concertmaster and music teacher
- Constantine Yaskov - Belarusian composer
- Natalia Mikhailova - conductor, chorus master
- Ivan Kostyakhin - Conductor of the National Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre of Belarus
- Eta Tyrmand, composer and music teacher
- Peter Vandilovsky - conductor Chamber Orchestra of the Belarusian State Academy of Music
- Vyacheslav Volich - Conductor of the National Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre of Belarus
- Vladimir Ovodok - pianist, conductor of the Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra of the Gomel
- Nina Zuev - vocalist, Donetsk State Music Academy.
- Julia Starostenkova - Pianist, concertmaster, music teacher
- Vasily Zolotarev - composer and pedagogue, Honored Artist of the RSFSR, a pupil of Rimsky-Korsakov
- Anatoly Bogatyrev - the founder of the modern Belarusian school of composition, composer, educator, social activist, Distinguished Artist of the Byelorussian SSR (1940), winner of the State Prize (1941), Honored Artist of the Byelorussian SSR (1944)
- Vladimir Olovnikov - composer and educator, People's Artist of the Byelorussian SSR, Honored Art Worker of the BSSR
- Ludmila Kolos - singer, professor, head of the singing department
- Lydia Muharinskaya - musicologist and folklorist
- Nina Yudenich - musicologist
- Victor Rovdo - choral conducting, People's Artist of USSR, professor, head of Department of Choral Conducting from 1963-2007.
- Nicholas Vikentievich Proshko - balalaika player, singer, composer, teacher and conductor. Winner of the All-Union Contest
- Kaleria Stepantsevich - musicologist, professor of
- Vitaly Kataev - conductor
- Mikhail Kozinets
- Michael Drinevsky - choral conducting
- Valery Shatsky - pianist
- Igor Olovnikov - pianist
- Yuri Gildyuk - pianist
- Eugene Gladkov - folk music
- Galina Osmolovskaya - performer of folk music
- Marina Ilyina - performer of folk music
- Nicholas Sevryukov - folk music
- Tamara Nizhnikova - vocalist
- Irina Shikunova - vocalist
- Victor Skorobogatov - vocalist
- Eta Tyrmand, composer and music teacher
- Vladimir Budkevich - performance on wind instruments
- Gennady Zabara - performance on wind instruments
- Anna Zelenkova - choral conducting
- Larissa Shimanovich - conductor-choirmaster, assistant professor
- Vladimir Skorokhodov - clarinetist, Honored Artist of Belarus, PhD, Doctor of Cultural Studies, Professor
- Valentin Chaban - professor
- Vladimir Perlin - cellist, Professor, Honored Artist of the Republuc of Belarus
- Leonid Petrovich Yushkevich - Professor, pianist, piano teacher
- Who is who in music Alfred Victor Frankenstein, Sigmund Gottfried Spaeth - 1927 "Director, Minsk conservatory, 1917-20. Taught in Berlin, 1920, came to America in the same year. Head of piano department, Girvin Institute of Musical Art, Chicago. Specializes in two piano recitals with Leon Ben- ditzky."
- Russian education and society Vol 48 2006 "at the top of the pyramid are 3 functioning higher educational institutions: the Belarusian State Academy of Music, the Belarusian State Academy of the Arts, and the Belarusian State University of Culture and the Arts."
- "БГАМ - Юшкевич Леонид Петрович". www.bgam.edu.by (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-07-31.