Behind the Mike was a Blue Network (NBC) radio series hosted by Graham McNamee, spotlighting behind-the-scenes stories in radio broadcasting. The sustaining show aired Sundays at 4:30 p.m. ET from September 15, 1940, to April 19, 1942.: 76 : 34
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Home station||Blue Network|
|Hosted by||Graham McNamee|
|Original release||September 15, 1940 – April 19, 1942|
|No. of episodes||79|
The program featured interviews with on-air personalities and announcers, musicians and other performers, composers, the creators of sound-effects, producers, engineers and other technicians involved in radio production. As many as six stories were covered in each broadcast, and questions from listeners were answered in the "Correspondence Corner" segment. Music was provided by Ernie Watson and his orchestra.
- "Behind the Mike". The Digital Deli Too. Archived from the original on 2015-06-23. Retrieved 2015-04-02.
- Dunning, John (1998). On the Air: The Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radio. New York: Oxford University Press. p. 76. ISBN 978-0-19-507678-3.
Behind the Mike, interviews.
- Hickerson, Jay, The Ultimate History of Network Radio Programming and Guide to All Circulating Shows. Hamden, Connecticut: Jay Hickerson, Box 4321, Hamden, CT 06514, second edition December 1992
- "Behind the Mike". RadioGOLDINdex. Retrieved 2015-04-02.
- "Graham M'Namee is Dead Here at 53". The New York Times. May 10, 1942. Retrieved 2015-04-02.