Bay High School (Arkansas)(Redirected from Bay High School (Bay, Arkansas))
Bay High School is an accredited comprehensive public high school located in Bay, Arkansas, United States. The school provides secondary education for students in grades 7 through 12. It is one of six public high schools in Craighead County, Arkansas and the sole high school administered by the Bay School District.
|Bay High School|
700 School Street
|School type||Public comprehensive|
|School district||Bay School District|
|NCES School ID||050282000051|
|Teaching staff||24.52 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||10.32|
|Education system||ADE Smart Core|
|Classes offered||Regular, Advanced Placement (AP)|
|School color(s)|| Purple |
|Athletics conference||1A Region 3 East (2012–14)|
|Team name||Bay Yellowjackets|
|Affiliation||Arkansas Activities Association|
Annually, the College of Agriculture & Technology (COAT) at Arkansas State University (ASU) administers the Mr. & Mrs. W. W. Holmes Memorial Scholarship for an incoming freshman majoring in agriculture with preference to students from Bay, Arkansas.
The assumed course of study follows the Smart Core curriculum developed by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE), which requires students complete at least 22 units prior to graduation. Students complete regular coursework and exams and may take Advanced Placement (AP) courses and exam with the opportunity to receive college credit.
The Bay High School mascot is the Yellowjacket with purple and gold serving as the school colors.
The Bay Yellowjackets compete in interscholastic activities within the 1A Classification, the state's smallest classification, and within the 1A Region 3 East Conference administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. The Yellowjackets field junior varsity and varsity teams in golf (boys/girls), volleyball, basketball (boys/girls), track and field (boys/girls), baseball, and softball, along with cheer and dance.
The 1A Region 3 East Conference (2012–14) consists of:
- Black Rock
- Crowley’s Ridge Academy
- Ridgefield Christian
The Bay Yellowjackets have enjoyed success on the basketball court and baseball field:
- Basketball: The Yellowjackets boys basketball team are 3-time state basketball champions (1965, 2011, 2013).
- Baseball: In 1956, the Bay High School baseball went undefeated at 10–0.
Clubs and traditionsEdit
Beyond sports, the Yellowjackets participate in competitive debate and speech competitions. Students may also engage in a variety of clubs and organizations such as: Future Farmers of America (FFA), FCCLA, Student Council, Beta Club, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), and Quiz Bowl.
The following are notable people associated with Bay High School. If the person was a Bay High School student, the number in parentheses indicates the year of graduation; if the person was a faculty or staff member, that person's title and years of association are
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Bay High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "School Profile, Bay High School". AdvancED. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "College of Agriculture & Technology (COAT), Scholarship Information". Arkansas State University. Archived from the original on 16 October 2011. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "School Profile, Bay High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "Arkansas High School Sports Record Book 2011–12" (PDF). Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original (PDF) on 31 May 2013. Retrieved 28 October 2012.