Battlestar Galactica Online
This article needs to be updated.(May 2018)
Battlestar Galactica Online is a browser-based massively multiplayer online game (MMO) loosely based on the 2004 television series Battlestar Galactica. Released in open beta on February 8, 2011, it was developed by Bigpoint Games and Artplant using the Unity game engine for the game client in the browser. The game server is written in Erlang. In less than three months of release, the game surpassed two million registered users.
|Battlestar Galactica Online|
|Platform(s)||Windows, Mac OS X|
|Release||(Beta test: February 8, 2011)|
|Mode(s)||Multiplayer video game|
- Nutt, Christian (March 9, 2010). "GDC: Bigpoint Announces Battlestar MMO, Unity Partnership, San Francisco Office". Gamasutra. Retrieved October 5, 2013.
- Clarke, Gavin (February 5, 2011). "Battlestar Galactica vets needed for online roleplay". The Register. Retrieved October 5, 2013.
- Mitchell, Richard (May 26, 2011), Battlestar Galactica Online surpasses 2 million players, Joystiq, retrieved March 12, 2017
- You can pilot a Battlestar in Battlestar Galactica Online right now! PC Gamer April 14, 2011
- Battlestar Galactica Online passes one million player milestone Massively April 15, 2011