|Location||1 Upper Maze Hill, St Leonards-on-Sea, Hastings, East Sussex, England|
|Owner||Baston Lodge Freehold Ltd.|
|Management||Baston Lodge Freehold Ltd.|
|Official name||Baston Lodge|
|Designated||14 March 1973|
|Floor count||2 (+ attic & basement)|
|Design and construction|
|Main contractor||John Ward|
The building was designed by Decimus Burton (1800–1881) as a seaside villa for John Ward, a friend, and completed in 1850. The architecture is in the Italianate style, with coursed stone, chamfered quoins, and plain stone architraves and bands. It has low-pitched slate roofs with two main storeys, an attic, and a basement. There is a three-storey tower with a low-pitched pyramid-shaped roof.
Baston Lodge was the childhood home of the World War II codebreaker Alan Turing (1912–1954) and there is a blue plaque on the front of the building commemorating this. Alan Turing and his elder brother John Turing were wards of Colonel and Mrs Ward.
The villa is located at 1 Upper Maze Hill and is close to St John's Church to the north. Immediately to the west is St Michael's Hospice and to the south is St Leonards Gardens. The building is now divided into apartments and the freehold of the building is owned by Baston Lodge Freehold Ltd.
- "Baston Lodge Freehold Ltd". UK: Companies House. Retrieved 2 January 2020.
- "The main landmarks of Burtons' St Leonards". UK: Burtons' St Leonards Society. Retrieved 2 January 2020.
- Historic England. "Baston Lodge (1192209)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 2 January 2020.
- Hemsley, Andy (7 February 2019). "Former Sussex resident and war-time code breaker Alan Turing named as greatest figure of 20th century". Eastbourne Herald. UK. Retrieved 2 January 2020.
- "Plaque unveiled at Turing's home in St Leonards". Hastings & St. Leonards Observer. 29 June 2012. Archived from the original on 12 September 2017.
- Turing, John (2012). "My brother Alan". Alan M. Turing: Centenary Edition. UK: Cambridge University Press. pp. 147–150. ISBN 978-1-107-02058-0.
- "St Leonards plaque marks Alan Turing's early years". BBC News. UK: BBC. 25 June 2012. Archived from the original on 3 December 2017.
- "1 Baston Lodge Upper Maze Hill, St. Leonards-On-Sea, East Sussex TN38 0LA" (PDF). UK: Rush, Witt & Wilson. Retrieved 2 January 2020.